In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Round for a reason

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by SD Steve, Jul 4, 2021.

1. SD Steve

SD Steve

20210704_103901.jpg
    20210704_103924.jpg
    20210704_103935.jpg
    20210704_103945.jpg
    This is posted inside the cafe in my town. Just wanted to see what kind of trouble I can stir up... te he......

2. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Wait, so he's trying to get a patent on round stove technology from the 1700's, or did he actually come up with something different inside a barrel stove? Inquiring minds want to know.

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Sounds like a reasonable idea...I've seen some European stoves with more vertical (and round) fireboxes...wonder if they can pass the EPA 2020 tests? Can't legally sell until they do...only 3 brands/models of wood furnace available right now (only 2 actually worth having IMO) so they could be a welcome additional to some thin selection...if a person is willing to gamble on the "new kid on the block"...

4. SD Steve

SD Steve

I have no other information on this. Basically, you can see the blower there in the picture and the outlets for the airflow at the top. Its a tube within a tube. But yeah, "patent pending "

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

6. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Ok Dave, you're way more educated about this stuff than me. If I understand SD Steve correctly & I'm pretty sure I don't have a clue, but, that's a vertical firebox with a vertical "heat exchanger" on the outside? Big barrel, little barrel, with a loading door & flue?

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I think that's the basics of it...with some fancy baffling and "burn chambers" maybe? That's kinda sorta the secret sauce behind the Kuuma's too...that and the active fire control...

8. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Gonna hafta see the innards of that thing if it works. Looks like something I could build in the shop on a long weekend.

9. dennish

dennish

Hearthstone has HASE round stoves.

10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

?
    Not familiar with that term...

11. dennish

dennish

Hearthstone website says "HASE" brand with photos and write up.

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

13. billb3

billb3

Hearthstone has/had the Bari. There are a number of Italian and Scandinavian stove makers that make round stoves. I don't think they sell well here.
    My cousin in Norway has a round wood stove in his living room, but it is small and takes 12 inch logs. He cuts and splits 24 inch rounds then cuts them in half in the barn when they are dry. The trees he has, birch and <something else> aren't very big so the system works well. It may have been one meter and then cut in three. My Norwegian is not good and his English is <helpful>. I don't think 12 inch splits fireboxes sell well here either. Morso tries.

Horkn, amateur cutter and brenndatomu like this.
  14. Sean in the woods

Sean in the woods

UP, Michigan, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm
    Looks like a barrel stove with a couple of baffles in it that is set inside another larger barrel which is attached to a forced air system of a house. I think?

There is a patent now but no product. Just the inventor looking for a manufacturer. So far no takers.

This site has a drawing. patented combustion chamber design, wood, pellet corn

Horkn, amateur cutter and brenndatomu like this.