In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rotisserie over fire pit recommendation

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by MikeyB, Mar 20, 2021.

1. MikeyB

MikeyB

Looking to buy a rotisserie to put over my S&S firepit. I’m leaning toward a Charotis Model TSC1.
    Anyone out there do this type of cooking and what do you use?
    Thanks

Eckie and JackHammer like this.
  2. grandgourmand

grandgourmand

All I have is the rotisserie for my Weber charcoal and I love it.

My advice is...find one you like and buy it. Rotisserie is one of those things that, after you do it, you wonder why you don't do it more often

But i know nothing about over firepits. Gonna check the one you're asking about.

MikeyB likes this.
  3. GranpaJohn

GranpaJohn

Rotisserie Kit For Open Fire Camping Fire Pit Rotisserie System - 45'' Chrome

I think this is mine. Onegrill. I don't use it much, but it's well made, and the height is easily adjusted. The posts are designed to be hammered into the ground, but I installed a pipe into my fire pit that can hold the post. The end with the motor I keep out of the fire/heat. Part of my problem was that I didn't realize I was ordering the shorter version, so be careful.
    Once did a 20# turkey on it, no problem. My other unit, (Charbroil possibly), would have flexed under that much weight.

4. MikeyB

MikeyB

These look well made as well. Titan is another one I’m looking at, they a few dollars cheaper.

GranpaJohn and SKEETER McCLUSKEY like this.