In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Replacing Quadra-Fire 1100-I exhaust gasket?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by cootcraig, Jan 31, 2018.

1. cootcraig

cootcraig

There is an 1100i in the house we recently moved into. I slid it out, cleaned out the stove and chimney pipe and reinstalled it. The stove fires up and cycles now, but the exhaust gasket is torn and needs to be replaced. The local dealer and an online store with some 1100i parts tell me the manufactured gasket is no longer available. I have made a template so I could cut a gasket to fit from a sheet (fits in a 5x5" square). I don't know what would be a proper gasket material or where to find a replacement.

What would you suggest for a replacement gasket?

jtakeman and ivanhoe like this.
  2. cootcraig

cootcraig

Time for bed. I did find this product at amazon

Lynn gasket paper, superwool plus

• PRODUCT INFO: High temperature gasket paper rated to 2100F. Soft pliable material.
    • USE: Used on the oil, gas and wood fired boiler, furnaces, stoves, kilns, evaporators and forges as a gasket material. Often used to seal doors and access points. Easy to cut with a knife.
    • Size: 24 x 15 x 1/8'', 4 Pcs/pkg
    • Made in the USA by Lynn Manfuacturing, Inc.

ivanhoe, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

4. cootcraig

cootcraig

ivanhoe, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  5. cootcraig

cootcraig

Strange actually, The second closest Quadra-Fire dealer has the gasket in stock and I will pick it up tomorrow. The closer dealer is losing my business.

ivanhoe and slvrblkk like this.
  6. cootcraig

cootcraig

I'm glad I found the needed gasket, but the dealer is a 2 hour drive away so I would like to find an online dealer(s) as a backup for future purchases. The part link supplied by slvrblkk was to
    Mountain View Hearth Products - stove-parts-unlimited.com.
    Any suggestions for other online stores that would stock parts for the Qudra-Fire 1100i?

Note google searches are only showing stove-parts-unlimited.com for this gasket.

I am planning to drive to my area dealer tomorrow. I have already dealt with them while shopping for a new stove and run into customers that recommend them. When I find good people I like to patronize them.

ivanhoe likes this.
  7. cootcraig

cootcraig

Sadly, a local dealer had that gasket, but it is for a later version of the Quadra-fire 1100i and is too small to be used. So I purchased this sheet of gasket paper.

I traced the flue flange bracket, scanned it, and made a printable cutting template.

The referenced file, stove-gasket-vector.svg, was drawn in Inkscape from the scanned flue gasket tracing.

When the weather warms up a bit I will slide out the stove, clean the chimney and use the hand cut gasket.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018