In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pulling out Harman Accentra Insert

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by joescho, Aug 3, 2022.

1. joescho

joescho

Hello all:
    Just purchased pellet insert #2 - I now have a Quad Mt. Vernon upstairs, and a Harman Accentra 52i-TC downstairs. Needless to say I now need to plan more pellet runs!
    Anyway, just like everything else in this world today, my rail kit is on back order. I asked my chimney guy to take a stop down to make sure it was installed correctly. Well, since the rail kit isn't in yet, anybody know how difficult it will be to pull that out without the rail kit? The hearth sits about 2 feet off the ground so I imagine I can't pull it out too far, or would need to put something under the stove, but I would like to pull it out far enough to get a good look at the connection to the chimney pipe.

I'm pretty new to this stove, and have not tried to pull it out yet by myself - first time should probably be with someone else depending on how hard it is to pull it out onto the hearth.

Thanks
    Joe

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    jtakeman likes this.
  2. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I have a rail kit that is a blanket & a wooden box that I got for free! You can get some 3/4” plywood and make a box that is high as your stove and that would work perfectly. Much easier to setup than a rail kit
    Also since it is a TC then you must unplug the 3 prong plug next to the control panel and disconnect the room probe to pull the stove out far enough to get the pole rods up the liner for cleaning. :)
    If you do not have one, I recommend the optional air intake kit, so you bring fresh air from the outside into the burnpot to save energy. Otherwise it will pull already heated room air into the burnpot and cause drafts.
    I did it in an all electric house and saved 10% on the electric bill. ;-) !!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  3. joescho

joescho

I do have a box and I tried that. It seems to work ok, with a small learning curve where the installer put the wire for the room temperature sensor and I rolled over it and I may have damaged it. I do not have the outside air kit and may look into it and ask my chimney guy what he thinks.

Thanks for your help.

don2222 likes this.
  4. don2222

don2222

Welcome:)