In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Problem with uploading pics...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Pricey106, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Pricey106

Pricey106

Anyone else have issues uploading pics on here? Progress bar sometimes doesn't make it past 1%. I tried switching wifi networks, closing everything on my phone, restarting it, and uploading them from a different source than gallery. I have a Samsung S9 with Verizon. Sorry for putting in this forum, but figured most of you look at the wood pile first. Thanks.

2. Chud

Chud

If I’m not connected to WiFi I don’t even try to upload pics. It takes too long.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I've never had a problem. Just loaded a picture to check and it loaded fine and fast.

1-Fallen-Tree.jpg

4. Kimberly

Kimberly

Hello, adding to this thread because I can't upload a file (picture) to a post. I have switched browsers. I think I had this same issue once before but uncertain if it was on my side or the site side of things.
    I hit the upload and the progress bars goes to 100% and then I get a security error message. Perhaps the techs here can tell me what triggers this message. It is related to file size? I would think that the code would resize if too large of a file; it is around an 8 meg file. I was trying on Opera browser and then with FireFox browser. I need to head out and run errands. Hopefully I can post my post later. Oh, the suggestion doesn't work.

The following error occurred
    Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

5. Kimberly

Kimberly

Update, I decided to see if it could be the header in the file so I converted the image to png format and I get the same security error message.

6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Hi Kimberly,

I had some problems uploading pictures the other day, it was a first for me since the site was started. I was signed in but it wouldn't upload the pictures, the pictures were the same size I always used. I signed out and when I signed back in, I checked the box to keep me logged in and the pictures uploaded after I did that.

I'm pretty sure today I just signed in and the pictures uploaded like usual, I didn't need to check the box that says keep me logged in.

7. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I get that if I try to upload a file/pic that is too large. If you re-size your image to reduce the size, you will more than likely have success.

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

This is true for me also!

SKEETER McCLUSKEY likes this.
  9. JCMC

JCMC

I have tried everything and am not able to upload some pic's. First time this has happened to me.

PA Mountain Man likes this.
  10. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Can you share the resolution, or size of the file uploading?

11. JCMC

JCMC

I went out and took another pic and it sent just fine.