In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Possible to repair/inspect Taco zone valve?

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by Kevin in Ohio, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Anyone know or have experience with Taco zone valves plunger or seat configuration? Having some issues and planning my attack if you will. LOL replaced the head in the past but wondering if I have something keeping it from closing fully. Will do repair at end of heating season but looking for info. It's a 3 way zone valve but I'm assuming standards are pretty close to the same. I'll attach a pic of mine. Thanks.

[​IMG]

CleanFire likes this.
  2. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I have no idea...... but I'm in the mood for tacos now!:drool:

Good luck!

3. CleanFire

CleanFire

Well Seasoned and Kevin in Ohio like this.
  4. Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Thank you sir! I'm hoping it is just something in there but I will find out I guess here in a month or so. If it is bad I'm hoping they will sell just the guts of the unit so I don't have to resolder a new one in. Worse case I'll buy a new unit and see if I can switch the guts.

To help you out I'll give you a tip I did for figuring line runs for floor heat. To keep them equal length with little crossover, draw a scale map on paper of the room and cut string to scale to the lengths needed. I colored the strings. Once you have the pattern you want, tape it down to the paper and then you have a quick guide when your ready to lay the tubing out. I did this on my garage floor as I had a rebar grid. Made it really simple as I did the planning prior.

CleanFire and Well Seasoned like this.
  5. CleanFire

CleanFire

Cool, Thanks for that tip Kevin - that makes sense and will come in handy when I'm under the house, crawling around in the crawlspace. :yes:

Yup, guts & replacement power units are available. :thumbs: * Hoping it's something easy for you to just cleanup & get back up-and-running quickly though. If you google 'taco zone valve rebuild kit' some good links/info should appear.

Kevin in Ohio likes this.
  6. Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Thanks again. If you have anything I can help you with just ask. No expert but I'll relay what little I know. Kevin

CleanFire likes this.
  7. CleanFire

CleanFire

Thanks Kevin, I'm sure I'll have questions when this project gets rolling in late May/June, much appreciated.

Kevin in Ohio likes this.