In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Positive Feedback!

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jun 25, 2021.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Just got a text tonight from a new wood customer. Sold her a load of wood back in early April.
    Here's what she had to say and i quote.
    "Hi Brad. its KG from West Hartford. This text is long overdue to thank you for the awesome firewood. We burned a bunch late Spring and havent burned much until now. Sitting outside with the fire tonight and brought the TV out. This is the cleanest burning firewood we've ever had. Its wonderful. You know that we were getting smoked out with that crummy firewood from the garden center.
    I still have a good supply left, thinking we will reach out again end of Summer,
    early September to restock. Its lasted longer than i had thought."

Made me feel really good about my product. :dancer: Always nice to hear!
    It was the same customer from this thread An Interesting Dilemma
    She texted me again saying friends were asking about the wood and i may get referrals which i love, but its a bit far even though i got an extra $60 for the delivery.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Feedback is always nice to get, positive or negative.

Chaz, Horkn, JB Sawman and 9 others like this.
  3. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

Makes you feel good doesn't it.
    I know you work hard at what you do so pat yourself on the back ! You deserve it.:thumbs:

4. Warner

Warner

We even brought the tv out…lol

5. billb3

billb3

The houses next door have outdoor projectors aimed at the backside of their houses. There's a special surface on the "screen" of the house, there's no vinyl cladding there, just plain white wall. All six houses that were built at the same time got one as part of a builder's package.

Chaz, Horkn, JB Sawman and 4 others like this.
  6. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

BRAD,
    I hope you make a TON of money up there. Perhaps enough to warrant renting a trailer...
    Sca

7. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

Or buying :makeitrain"

Reddingnative, Chaz, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Maybe you could sell a cord or two if you get "overstocked".

Chaz, Horkn, JB Sawman and 3 others like this.
  9. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

A real thought for sure.
    So far I'm not sure at what point I'd rather have money than wood.
    From the second score, a couple loads are going directly to a friend. Won't be a sale, but will save me the work of stacking it here, and then hauling it to his place later.
    Sca

10. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

That is awesome receiving some positive feedback, but I think the best feedback you can receive is repeat customers and word-of-mouth advertisement.

I've mentioned previously in other threads how I had never sold any firewood before last year, and how I had never given it much thought. Since putting a lot of effort into getting on the 3+ year program, as well as all the wood market threads I have read on FHC, I was pleased when a friend asked if they could purchase one of my uglies bins last fall (approx. 1/3 cord). They were happy with the product and a few weeks ago, asked if they could purchase a full cord. I stopped by their home yesterday (trying to figure out when to deliver with all the rain we've been having so I don't tear up their lawn) and they brought up the subject of getting on the 2-cord a year program. The best part is that they use all the wood in an outdoor pit so they are fine with pine or hemlock (they even asked for that). Since I usually do not have any softwoods on hand they are getting all good hardwoods this year, however I can scrounge all the hemlock I want and it will be doable for next year and beyond. 2 additional cords a year doesn't sound like much to those who do large quantities, however when you do it one scrounged tree at a time by hand, it does add up and I will have to factor that into my scrounging plan in the future. Still, a little extra cash never hurts.

There are plenty of outfits around here that sell firewood, however I have yet to see one that really sells anything that has been CSS and covered for even a year, never mind more. Now that I have this account established, it will be interesting to see if anyone else asks for firewood in the future.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I would say go for it. If i recall you are retired and seem to enjoy making firewood. You have some great equipment for it. Softwoods even better as they are abundant up there. Let us know how you make out.

Chaz, Horkn, JB Sawman and 2 others like this.
  12. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Sounds like she was really liking your WOOD :D :bug:buZZsaw its always good to have a happy customer the word of mouth advertising is always the best !! JB

13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Don’t be a punctuation hater..........
    :rofl: :lol:
    :yes:

PA Mountain Man, Chaz and Horkn like this.
  14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Sooo ladies...Looks like buZZsaw BRAD is delivering good wood!! :cool: