In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Jack Straw, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I’ve started listening to podcasts. My favorite so far is “Dirty John”. What do you like?

eatonpcat, Lone_Gun and wildwest like this.
  2. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    I've never looked into them. Where do you find them, are they free, do you record them to play back later or just listen, on your phone or only on computer?

3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I get mine from Spotify which I pay for. Iheartradio is an app that’s free and they have a ton of podcasts. I’m sure if you google podcasts there are more free apps out there. You can download them on your phone a listen to them whenever you want.

Greenstick likes this.
  4. blacktail

blacktail

I listen to podcasts a lot. Joe Rogan is my favorite. Another good one is "Part of the Problem" with libertarian comedian Dave Smith. Dan Carlin has "Hardcore History" and "Common Sense" which are good, but new episodes don't come out often. I occasionally listen to Meat Eater, Dave Ramsey, and Dr. Drew too.

Kris_S, OhioStihl, woody5506 and 2 others like this.
  5. blacktail

blacktail

I listen on an app called Castbox but there are lots of ways. Many/most podcasts can be found on the website of whoever produces it. For example, if you go to the meateater website all you have to do is click play on the episode you want to hear. Some are on youtube also. Then there's a variety of smartphone apps and streaming services.

Greenstick and Jack Straw like this.
  6. Warner

Warner

S town. Interesting story. Not for children.

Also the shrink next door.

we tend to listen to podcasts on short trips and audio books on long adventures.

sometimes we find ourselves sitting in the driveway not wanting to turn one off because there is only 10-20 min left.

7. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Same here....:yes:

RabbleRouser and Jack Straw like this.
  8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I’m currently listening to Dirty Rats, it about Whitey Bulger and his brother who was the head of the state senate. It’s very good.

Eric VW likes this.
  9. blacktail

blacktail

I just discovered the Koncrete podcast yesterday. Very interesting. The two episodes I listened to were true crime interviews.

Eric VW and Jack Straw like this.
  10. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I made a 3 hour trip last week, I listened to a podcast and the time flew by.

Lone_Gun and eatonpcat like this.
  11. Blstr88

Blstr88

1:20 commute to work, each way...I don't think I could do it without Podcasts!

Glenn Beck, joe rogan, peter Schiff, the truck show podcast, Dave Ramsey, mark levin, couple homestead type podcasts...those are a few off top of my head. I bounce around between a lot of them just depending on my mood.

12. woody5506

woody5506

I really like the Google Podcast app because it has more than other apps I have used, perhaps more "bootlegged" stuff, and also stuff banned from other platforms.

Coast to Coast, Art Bell archive, Joe Rogan, Gavin McInnes "get off my lawn", Preparedness Podcast, Armed American radio, Infowars....whatever else in between. Don't judge me too hard on those, I still like to follow up with some NPR here and there lol...

Lots of popular crime podcasts around as well which a lot of my buddies seem to love although I just can't get over what usually sounds like a group of dudes cracking jokes while explaining some seriously gruesome crimes/cases in history.

Lone_Gun likes this.
  13. Marvin

Marvin

I listen to Trunews, Caravan to Midnight, Gun Talk, Meateater and God and Guns.

Those are the ones I listen to regularly. I spend a lot of time driving so I sometimes look up other stuff. That and the audio bible on Bible Gateway.

Hey blacktail what's "Hardcore History" all about? I might be able to get in to that just from the sound of the title.

14. blacktail

blacktail

The podcasts are really long and detailed about big historical events, periods, and people. For example, he has a series on the Persian empire, a series on Genghis Khan, a series on WW1, etc.

15. RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Used to love listening to different podcasts on Physics & Quantum Physics while driving. Last few years it's been Constitutional Law and things along that line. I find a lot of good stuff on youtube and then download it to play on my phone while driving or while carving or working on saws in the basement.

A new one I just discovered recently that any aspiring woodworkers might like. Couple of crazy Mainah's
    Mortise & Tenon Magazine | Free Listening on SoundCloud

woody5506 likes this.
  16. OhioStihl

OhioStihl

Joe Rogan and Hardcore history are my main podcasts. Dan Carlin explains historical events from a completely different angle. I have listened to several of his podcast several times and still hear something I didn’t catch the first time.

blacktail likes this.
  17. SpeedShop64

SpeedShop64

I go with the Meateater podcast. A lot of hunting and fishing talk and wildlife conservation.

18. woody5506

woody5506

Meateater is definitely good.

19. Marvin

Marvin

I started listening to the WW1 shows. I just finished up the third installment and am starting the fourth. It is incredible! I am ashamed of how little I know about WW1. Thanks for mentioning this podcast!

Kris_S and blacktail like this.
  20. Kris_S

Kris_S

Carlin is great, though admittedly has been sparse with output the last year or so. Slate's Slow burn has been really interesting, they've done 3 season, first two on the Nixon and Clinton impeachments, third on Biggie and Tupac. Also recently listened to the mysterious Mr. Epstein, about the Jeffrey Epstein case

blacktail and Marvin like this.