In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Perking up the pellet stove’s faded emblem?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, May 15, 2019.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I tried small paint brush, small sponge brush, and even a tooth pick but no luck neatly painting the raised letters. Finally an Artist’s fine paint stick did the trick. :) Then some high temp clear and Bingo!
    Anyone else do this?
    Pic 1 - Original
    Pic 2 - Satin Black
    Pic 3 - Gold paint stick on raised letters
    Pic 4 - Looking good
    Pic 5 - Applied the clear and all done!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Scout80 and BHags like this.
  2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Looks good!

don2222 likes this.
  3. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Very nice Don

Top shelf all the way.
    This attention to detail when doing a refurbishing on a used unit make a big big difference.

don2222 likes this.
  4. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Don
    Your piccy's are a huge file size at 1500 x 2000 pixels Try editing stuff down to 800 x 1067 or even a bit smaller before posting and it will make viewing a lot easier and you won't use near the bandwidth. :yes:

Here is your emblem pic at 800 x 1067

A second copy at 499 x 534

This change drops the file size from 405 kb down to 79 kb
    For normal computer viewing the extra large pixel count is just not needed.

I have a 50 inch flat screen as my monitor and the huge files fill my screen to the max

I take most of my pix with my iphone 8 plus and then send them to my computer and use GIMP image editor to massage them a tad before putting them online

There are a ton of image editors available from the various app stores that will work with the various smart phones.
    On occasion I use the editor in my phone to do the deed if I want to post directly from my iphone to the web, but usually transfer to my home computer and do the job there.

Hope this is useful :thumbs:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. don2222

don2222

Thanks for the info. Good info for all of us. Is your computer older and little sluggish? I just got computers with Solid State Hard Drives and they are fast especially when it comes time to reboot on a memory leak or failed application! My server has 2 mirrored SS drives so Loosing any data is very unlikely! I am still very busy so I usually post from the iPhone 6 Plus, that is a lot of work and time to transfer to the pc and edit. :-( I will see what I can do.

6. badbob

badbob

Very nice,Don. Personally, I like the higher pixels on my 19" monitor, and having older eyes,lol

don2222 likes this.
  7. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Go to the app store and download a photo editor (Several available free) and you can do the deed right in the phone.
    I have one on my iphone8 plus

don2222 likes this.