In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pelpro 60 Control board?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Lori, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Lori

Lori

I've run my new Pelpro60 for 6 days with no problems. This morning I shut it down as usual to clean and I realize about a half hour after it stopped cooling, it turned back on. I double checked the dial and sure enough, it's in the OFF position. once it was running it went back into shutdown mode cooled and started up again. I unplugged it for an hour and tried it at level 2 and again it only cycles from startup to shut down. No error codes. Control board??

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Is there a "proof of fire" switch on that unit?

3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Welcome to FHC Lori

:)

ivanhoe, imacman and slvrblkk like this.
  4. Lori

Lori

It will blink red 4 times if it has a missed ignition. I've never had a red light of any kind and it has always started a fire. I'm not sure what sensor/sensors it uses. I've read that all stoves have 1 or more on them. I was leaning toward the board because it comes ON in the OFF position and it repeats the same startup/shutdown no matter what the dial says.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    ivanhoe, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  5. Lori

Lori

Thank You

ivanhoe, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  6. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

I would double check everything you cleaned this morning...if it worked up until then, I would try and rule out everything before thinking its the board. Also, make sure the exhaust probe is clean and not full of ash and make sure the wire connectors are tight. I'm not familiar with your stove so I'm just throwing things out there.

ivanhoe, imacman, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Works sometimes.

Odd she's not getting a code though. Lori, is the stove on a thermostat?

8. Lori

Lori

I'll check the exhaust probe. It shouldn't be the cleaning because I didn't get to do it before the problem started. When I do clean it (every morning) I just empty the burn pot and vacuum, it takes about 2-3 minutes. I bought the stove new a week ago. I've used maybe 5 bags of pellets.

ivanhoe, slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Should still be under warranty. I'd give the dealer a jingle.

10. subsailor

subsailor

X2.

11. Rich250

Rich250

Pretty sure Pelpro are chain store only sales

12. Lori

Lori

It's built in. Screenshot (56).png

ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  13. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Hi Lori Welcome to FHC
    I have the same stove except the P130 which is on its second season, initially it had a bad convection motor that i replaced and since then it has run like a champ. Being old and sometimes impatient i have done some bonehead things and could not understand why the stove would not fire, in addition to the stove having a few quirks . Ill go through them to see if I can help. Probably silliest thing I did was to put the burn pot back in backwards as it is possible to do the stove went through its startup cycle then shut down as it would not fire and I don't think it presented an error code. While not likely its worth checking the lip of burn pot should be facing the front of the stove with the hole in the back (igniter port hole) obviously to the back. Second and I know sounds silly as well make sure you have plenty of pellets in the hopper and none of them are blocking the safety switch from engaging if the same as mine it will be located on the right hand side.
    When you say shutdown mode does the stove actually completely shut down ? (all fans shut off) or does the convection fan continue to run without any ignition ?
    Try unplugging the stove or turning off the power to the stove for 30 seconds make sure the dial is all the way on off , turn the power back on and after 5 seconds and you see the blinking green light turn it up to 3 and wait a few minutes sometimes it takes a while before it begins to drop pellets. If nothing happens turn the power off again wait 30 seconds then with the dial to 0 turn the power back on and as soon as you see the green blinking light quickly turn the dial from off to High back to off and then to high and wait to see if it starts to drop pellets, may take a little bit of time. This will prime the auger and usually takes care of the problem. The stove goes through a self diagnostic each time it is re-fired which is similar to shutting down so be patient and wait a while it should start feeding pellets.
    Pelpro is a part of Hearth and Home Technologies who also handles Heatilato, Heat & Glo, Quadra-Fire, Harman I have heard their customer service is good it is worth giving them a call if its a new stove they should take care of you.
    Good Luck wish you the best

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  14. imacman

imacman

X2 :handshake:

ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  15. badbob

badbob

Good morning,and welcome to the tribe.Appears yours is not the only Pelpro Dial control doing the mysterious start up in off position.Some users have reported replacing the dial control only fixes it temporarily.Call Pelpro/Hearth and home on monday,I bet they send you a new dial control and a new control box.Stay warm.

ivanhoe, Lori, imacman and 1 other person like this.
  16. Lori

Lori

First, thank you for your time. The stove unplugged right now, if I plug it in it will go into startup while in the OFF position do a complete start, fire, and heat for about 5 minutes then go into a full shut down. after all fans stop it will start all over again. It seems I'm not the only one having this problem as Badbob just posted. Again thank you so much for your time. :)

imacman, ivanhoe, Luneyburg and 2 others like this.
  17. Lori

Lori

Thank you!! I hate to say I'm glad I'm not the only one but it does make me feel better knowing I didn't do anything wrong :)

schoondog, imacman, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  18. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Bummer was hoping it would run but sounds like its a known problem apparently, badbob is right on give em a call and see what they can do for you .
    good luck

imacman, ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Welcome to FHC Lori :handshake:

jtakeman and imacman like this.
  20. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Firstly, I'd call the retailer, then I would call the manufacturer