In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellets in plainville mass lowes

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Taunton pellet donkey, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Taunton pellet donkey

Taunton pellet donkey

So it's been awhile since I posted but stopped by Lowe's today looking at some black Friday goodies and checked out the pellet supply I didn't see much for quantity but saw some northeast pellets I've never heard of them but there was a ripped bag and the pellets looked very light in color and the bag says bark free wood no hardwood or softwood designation so loaded up the cart and will be trying these this weekend..5.48 a bag oh almost forgot stove chows at the attleboro hd

CleanFire, Luneyburg, Russell and 5 others like this.
  2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Russell tried some of those Northeast Pellets recently.

3. Russell

Russell

In the end I would not recommend them . Glass got dirty quick , the heat was low and Way to many fines and very small pieces . They may look like some other pellets that we like but don't be fooled :doh:

CleanFire, ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  4. Taunton pellet donkey

Taunton pellet donkey

Thanks for the feedback Russell guess I'll mix em with some pellets I got in the stash to burn em up

CleanFire, Russell and ttdberg like this.
  5. subsailor

subsailor

That's the way I remember them.

CleanFire, Luneyburg and Russell like this.
  6. Russell

Russell

It's seems like the BBS are a dumping ground for low to mid grade pellets because it's all about the price and they believe the sales reps . I once got extremely lucky and they had Somersets so I bought all I could carry . I called back time and time again but in the end they said they couldn't get anymore .

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    CleanFire likes this.
  7. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Been lucky here with Menards having Somersets...last 2 or 3 years I also got the 11% in store rebate card. Makes them $177/ton plus tax of course.

8. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Grabbed some of the Northeast pellets and threw them in the P43 yesterday. While they are very light in color (almost blonde) making you think - hey these may be like some great softies I've burned before - unfortunately that is not the case with these. The ash is very heavy and just lingers and collects right there in the burnpot - extremely quickly too. In just 3 hours, from a clean scraped startup, the entire surface of the burnpot is now buried in 1" of clumpy heavy black ash, choking the fire and creating a lazy / dirty burn. Would not buy these again, and what remains will be used in pet litter boxes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    slvrblkk, subsailor, Russell and 2 others like this.