In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet insert Question

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by dabirdz, Jul 10, 2018.

1. dabirdz

dabirdz

Ok, i started something like this before, but now have details!!

1150 SQ FT raised ranch. going with a pellet insert in the existing fireplace. What should i look for/stay away from. It will be used as my primary heat source with electric baseboard as a backup.

Brands you have luck with/brands to avoid.

Anyone here in the Moscow PA area that is a dealer/installer?

Thanks in advance.

Rich250 and jtakeman like this.
  2. imacman

imacman

Hard to give comments, as we have no idea what your total budget is for stove, pipe, etc, etc, plus leaving some $$ for a winter supply of pellets (avg home uses at least 3 tons, depending on house insulation and how warm you like it).

Rich250 likes this.
  3. dabirdz

dabirdz

I would like to stay under $3500 installed I have the advantage of selling one house and purchasing another house.

Rich250 likes this.
  4. imacman

imacman

Is your pellet stove purely functional, or does it have to have some "nice looking" built in too? As many here know, I've had great results with the Englander stoves. And, they can be had quite a bit cheaper than a lot since they are available as factory refurb/scratch & dent units (w/ full factory warranty and free shipping to a nearby loading dock). As an addition, their customer service is second to none, and they're made in Virginia.

TIMBER RIDGE - Brand New Factory Seconds or Manufacturer Refurbished S

Rich250 likes this.
  5. Rich250

Rich250

If your looking to go with a new dealer backed stove you might be able to get a quad sante fe insert for 3500. pretty much any other stove is going to be over your budget if you go new. If you aren't concerned with having a dealer Imac gave good advice.

6. dabirdz

dabirdz

Excellent, thank you for the advice, There are so many different reviews, i was looking for some help and guidance from people that first hand knowledge. Function, but it cannot look like it tumbled down the road before it was installed, if they are in Virginia, wonder if my wife would be up for a road trip!