In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Hey guys! Daily check in thread. What cha doin?? What cha burnin??

What's your outside air temps? Inside temps? What bags are you burnin ( good chit or not)?

When was your last LBT?

And most importantly? What cha drinking (if you partake?)?? :thumbs:

Just want to get a thread going with something to talk about.. There is another one out there, but some don't venture far outside of this forum.

I'll start. It's 26* outside! about 73* inside. Fahrenheit is on for the 1st time in like a week and a half. Burning some PTL's and drinking a Rum and Coke :drunk:

Russell, Spock, will711 and 2 others like this.
  2. smoke show

smoke show

at work. drinkin Pibb. Temp around 30 and flurries.
    IMAG0299.jpg

Spock, eatonpcat, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  3. savemoney

savemoney

Still burning MWP, house has been comfortable now test we have been above the teens outside. Still clean the stove about every three days even if it isn't needed yet. Bought some new brushes to clean with. Prefer natural bristle brush over synthetic.
    I still think I need a bigger stove, or another one to help in these cold spells. I now have a generator (yea!) so if we get hit again with no power, I'll still be able to run my pellet stove and my bipap. We lost power for a week during the winter of. 98 and again this past Christmas for three days. My wife prefers to turn the furnace on to cover the cold periods. Didn't need it for two years, but this year had been exceptionally cold. Our age works against us for a lot of things the younger crowd does.
    Still looking for a reliable stove with the 70,000 btu range that uses a three inch exhaust. Found a couple but need to do more research. Harman is excellent but pricey. I like the idea that it isn't fussy what pellet you feed it. To me that is like insulation. Up front cost to save on long term expenses.
    I have been enjoying this forum. No one correcting the misspelling or improper grammar. Most folks here are ones you would like to sit and chat with. Your opinions are as important as anyone else's.

mat60, bearverine, Spock and 6 others like this.
  4. imacman

imacman

30* outside, 70* inside, the stove is chewing through some Premium (AWF), drinking the last Sam Adams White Christmas that I had stashed away. :drunk:

Russell, Spock, will711 and 3 others like this.
  5. krooser

krooser

Two stove burning Uncle Jed's softwoods, it's 2:20AM, just had a ham and cheese sandwich. Today my new project gets delivered… a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee with some engine issues. I hope to get my shop cleaned up and get it inside to take a peek at that engine...

Jay Z, Spock, DexterDay and 2 others like this.
  6. woodsman23

woodsman23

:mad:18 here and 72 insided burning instantheatless pellets with bad bag seals, pellets everywhere. NO MORE INSTANTheatLESS. drinking nothing no fluid allowed on dialysis unless i drink from a eyedropper

7. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Currently 69* in the house (left stove on low overnight), PTL's in the stove.......21* outside and drinking coffee getting ready for work. Thankfully, it's Friday but looks like we might be getting a coating to an inch for tomorrow morning. Probably just enough for me to suck up more OT!, although I'm kind of sick of this chit already!

Russell, will711, DexterDay and 2 others like this.
  8. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Mmmm White Christmas....I have a six pack left and then I am out until next year :( I have been drinking some Miller High Life Light recently :drunk: ....hoping to save my White Christmas for this AFC Championship game :D

Its been pretty nice temp wise around these parts....low 40's and stove has been on low for a week.....burning Vermont's since that's all I have.

DexterDay and slvrblkk like this.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Did you end up going with the Powerhorse generator?

DexterDay likes this.
  10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Stove is chewing on last seasons PTL's. 73ºF inside, 31ºF outside. Nasty frost and frozen spots. Just enough snow(dusting) this AM to make it slickery! Broke out the sand/salt so I didn't fall on my keester! :confused:

Is it spring yet?

11. Hoot23

Hoot23

34 out, 73 in. We've got some cold coming and I got the day off, so Sparkys gettin cleaned. Vent and all. I gotta run to lowes first and get more plastic extensions to do the vent. I'll shut her down before I leave. Still runnin the LaCretes. 55 bags left.

I've been working mid-nights this week, can't get motivated. Maybe a Michelob during the cleaning will help.

Spock, DexterDay and slvrblkk like this.
  12. imacman

imacman

I think I found the problem:
    no engine.jpg

cgraham1, Spock, subsailor and 4 others like this.
  13. smoke show

smoke show

Just have to Fred Flintstone that bad boy...

Luneyburg, Spock, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  14. Hoot23

Hoot23

All clean and runnin. Vent, probe, fans, igniter, everything. I hate to start her up cause she looks so good.

I tried to milk it cause my wife wants me to go grocery shopping with her. She sat there and waited. On my way to Hannaford. BS!

savemoney, slvrblkk and gbreda like this.
  15. gbreda

gbreda

Guys, ya gotta get out of the pellet area. Those log heads are great people...and just as dysfunctional as we are :campfire:

Hope that was Meyers Rum....Loved that stuff :)

Have today off from work for cable company to come in and install phone service. They are all done, and I just got internet back and chillin for a bit.
    Now I can actually use my phone for more than calling the next town over :)

savemoney, swags, Hoot23 and 2 others like this.
  16. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Yep.. Meyers. Distilled in Cleveland Ohio. Supporting my local economy! ! ;)

17. krooser

krooser

I'm gonna fix that…

[​IMG]

Spock, jtakeman, imacman and 4 others like this.
  18. brokenwing

brokenwing

Its warm today, 44 degrees, stove is running on low burning Presto Logs! It is 73 inside. I am currently making a cake, and were going to have steamed shrimp, and crab cakes later for my parents 37th wedding anniversary.

19. savemoney

savemoney

Yes, but it is still in the box! I'll get it fired up sometime soon.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  20. savemoney

savemoney

When my son was 17, he had a VW that he striped down like that car is. He had parts all over the garage floor. Not a label on any of it. He got the replacement parts he wanted to fix it, put it back together and drove off.
    I don't know where he picked that knowledge up. The best I ever did was to fix a carburetor.

cgraham1, gbreda and swags like this.