In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Peavey Rebuild

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by M2theB, Feb 17, 2018.

1. M2theB

M2theB

1. A few weeks ago I was working with MikeInMa on some pretty big oak and he had a Peavey. I've seen them but never really consider having one until I saw how useful it really was. Soon after I bought one at the Blue Collar Antiques shop for short $. I called Peavey Manufacturing, spoke to Rodney Sr, bought a handle and pin, got some simple guidance, and brought this guy back to life. (From the stamps on the sleeve it was made somewhere between 1870's and 1940's.)
    2. Brought it out back this afternoon to my brook crossing project where I had dropped a couple trees for the structure last year and horsed them around to cross the brook. It worked great. The bridge is now back as an active project.
    3. IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5525.JPG IMG_5526.JPG IMG_5527.JPG IMG_5528.JPG IMG_5529.JPG IMG_5531.JPG IMG_0662.JPG

Chaz, Paul bunion, Dancan and 3 others like this.
  2. fishingpol

fishingpol

Good restoration you did to get it back into use. I have a similar one with different stamp and the point of the dog is not flat like yours but raised a bit. It looks like it was stamped in a die. They sure are beefy.

Chaz, walt and M2theB like this.
  3. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Sa-weet!!! Until I've seen something in use, I usually can't associate it being used by me.

Glad your project is moving ahead!!!

Need another pair of hands?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Chaz and M2theB like this.
  4. M2theB

M2theB

IMG_3959.JPG IMG_3961.JPG IMG_3962.JPG
    Sure!
    There's been little progress since last March, above.
    Busy time of year for me at work so it might be short notice, not knowing what my weekends might look like.
    Thanks!
    Or am I being too forward assuming your offering your hands:D

Chaz likes this.
  5. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Sure my hands, arms, back... I'll bring my peavy and do some log rolling with ya. It's the least I can do.

Most of my weekends are open. You have my cell number. I'm sure we, and the weather, can work something out.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Chaz and M2theB like this.