In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

P61A control board

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Tullytown, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Tullytown

Tullytown

Anyone know difference between the harman cicuit board and the Platinum control board? I assume diiferent algorithm. Besides price..

imacman and slvrblkk like this.
  2. badbob

badbob

It is just the latest board series,has been out for a few years. They make the stoves burn a bit different, convection fan runs more, and combustion fan runs different. I learned of this from Don. In my opinion, my stove runs cleaner. The part # is 1-00-05886. Then there is a suffix, such a A or D, witch is same programming, just production date. If money is tight, I see ESES has some "refurbished" ones listed on ebay, but I would call them direct and make sure it could be returned. HARMAN Platinum Control Board 1-00-05886 OEM - Seller Refurbished | eBay

slvrblkk likes this.
  3. badbob

badbob

OK I had posted that reply to another member, thinking it was you. I just called ESES, and the"refurbished" boards, are ones that had been returned to them, so they cannot sell them for full price, as Harman has a no return policy on electrical parts, so no full warranty. However, they are fully tested. As far as the "platinum, that is just a name they gave to the latest generation of the most common board, that fits most stoves, the 5886 series boards. Now i see some places are calling them the 4 output board,lol. Marketing, as far as I could tell.

PelletHound and slvrblkk like this.
  4. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

You may want to check this post on the "other forum";
    2 blink status on 2004 Harman Aceentra insert with new control board
    I would definitely make sure it is returnable first & try it as soon as you get it.

imacman, PelletHound and slvrblkk like this.
  5. don2222

don2222

The refurbished boards are cheaper so you can save some money but they may not be the latest rev E board with all the bells & bug fixes. :)

6. badbob

badbob

Well,,the "bells and whistles" would be programming,only, which can be inserted.

7. Tullytown

Tullytown

Just ordered a new board with new knobs/shafts past week from mountain view stove parts. 229.00 and got 20.00 off so 209.00.

Attached Files:

imacman likes this.
  8. Tullytown

Tullytown

Long delivery time though. This wensday. was ordered last week. FEB 18

imacman and ivanhoe like this.
  9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

:popcorn:

slvrblkk and imacman like this.
  10. Tullytown

Tullytown

New board installed. Dip switch change from original board. Ignitor shuts off finally.

don2222, ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

12. Tullytown

Tullytown

Btw: my stove was born in 2012 and bought new from the floor in 2014. The original citcuit board was stamped 2010 thus the dip changes. Other than 5 staying the same, three of the dip switches we're different positions than the original.

ivanhoe, Lousyweather and imacman like this.
  13. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yea.....a good point.....if you replace the board, DO NOT use the "old" board switch settings. Just read the instructions included with the board and use those. They might be the same, but then again, they might not.

ivanhoe, Tullytown and imacman like this.
  14. Tullytown

Tullytown

I see the prices of the touch screen stove circuit boards are almost $400. I watch the harman video on how to use the touchscreen don't remember which model. The video was at least 10 minutes long explaining all the features and the functions and the settings Etc. Dozens and dozens of presets for this and that. I would think very confusing for someone if they're not comfortable with a smartphone or a computer

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    ivanhoe, imacman and Lousyweather like this.
  15. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yea, thats the one downside of the TC (top control) units......some parts, such as circuit boards, touch screens, combustion fans are fairly expensive. Some parts, such as distribution blowers, are the same.

ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

I can see that, but one can simplify what is seen if folks are too confused. And for "that guy" who changes the settings on things to the point of the unit nor working, there is always the return to default setting....seen THAT more than once! Set the language to, say, Chinese, and then see the fun start!

17. Rich250

Rich250

I find the TC very easy to use, only setting I have ever changed on my stove is I turned the feed rate down slightly other then that I don't touch my TC unless I'm turning the stove off for a cleaning or to clear the cleaning prompts or to turn on the hopper light to check fuel level. You want to see a confusing controller try one that's in broken English.