In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ Olympus Douglas Fir Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Olympus Douglas Fir Pellets: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average - 290 -455

Ash Volume - 3 ounces

Ash Weight – .65 ounces

Ash Percentage - .10% (outstanding)

Fines In Bag – 1/4 cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4" – 1"

Bag Weight – 40.8 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Burn time – 15.25 hours (approx.)

Notes:
    Donated by Alex at Dakeryn
    Currently not available near me
    Great Heat
    Super Low ash

I had high hopes for these pellets and man did they deliver! Pellets themselves are reddish in color have a super glossy sheen and dense. They remind me of the PTL softies. Fines were very low and the ash was a medium grey color and super fine. Glass stayed very clean. I decided to push these a bit to see what I could squeeze out of these. I wound up getting the highest temp I ever got out of my thermometer (455 degrees).

All in all these are nitro for your stove and I wish I can get these all the time. These are one of the best, if not the best, pellets I've ever burned (Olympus, Bear Mountain, PTL softies). If you can get your hands on these grab some and give them a try, you shouldn't be disappointed! I rate these 5+ stars.

Highly Recommend!!!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0069.jpg IMAG0057.jpg IMAG0061.jpg IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0064.jpg IMAG0052.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.