In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ Okanagan Douglas Fir Wood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Okanagan Douglas Fir Wood Pellets results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average – 268-398 (new thermocouple on door, cannot compare with previous reviews)

Ash Volume – 3 ounces

Ash Weight – .80 ounces

Ash Percentage - .12% (OUTSTANDING)

Fines In Bag – less than 1/8 cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4” - 3/4”

Bag Weight – 40.2 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Burn time – 18.5 hours (approx.)

NOTES:

Donated by Doug Middleton (Viridis Energy) via Bucks Pellets
    Low fines
    Super low ash
    Produced by Bear Mountain
    Not sold locally (yet) ton price N/A

These pellets absolutely rock and now I see what all the fuss is about! Fines were low and the pellets were a bit of a darker brown color. The picture looks as though the pellets had color variation but it must have been the flash as the pellets were very uniform in color. Pellets are also very dense, the 40lb. bag fit easily into my hopper. Very hot pellet! Ash was very, very fine and a medium brown color. There was so little ash that it was hard to believe I burned a full bag. Glass stayed clean but not as clean as with some other softies I burned this season.

All in all these are rocket fuel for your stove and was probably the best pellet I burned this season. Depending on your area they might be a bit pricey BUT if you can get your hands on these grab some and give them a try. I highly doubt you'd be disappointed!

Highly Recommend

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0393.jpg IMAG0395.jpg IMAG0396.jpg IMAG0398.jpg IMAG0392.jpg IMAG0402.jpg IMAG0403.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.