In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Offer up/Letgo

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Ohio dave, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

Just wenf to update my ad on Letgo only to find out yhey "merged" with Offer Up. Looks more like a take over since Letgo no longer exists. To bad I liked Letgo's format better

T.Jeff Veal, M2theB, jo191145 and 2 others like this.
  2. jo191145

jo191145

Neither is worth much in my area. Posts are months to years old. FB marketplace is where it’s at here. They changed the format too. Lots of commercial ads now makes it a PIA. Wonder what’s next?

T.Jeff Veal and M2theB like this.
  3. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

Don't get much from either one but it was a free advertising platform

jo191145 and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  4. Skier76

Skier76

I sold one item on Letgo a month or so back. It was on there for a good 4-6 weeks before it got any traction. I still put stuff there on the off chance someone eventually sees it. FB Marketplace definitely gets more items out the door. But that's after wading through at least a few "Is this still available?" messages that I never hear back from. If someone messages me between 9PM and midnight, I'm 95% confident I'll never hear back. ; )

jo191145 and Ohio dave like this.
  5. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

I think on of the problems with fb marketplace is there's a key on there that instantly sends is this available. I think alot of people inadvertently hit that..I know I have more than once

Skier76 and brenndatomu like this.
  6. Skier76

Skier76

Very good point. That's probably the cause of a few of the messages I've received.

I wish they'd change that message too. Maybe; "I'm interested in your item"....or something to that effect.

7. jo191145

jo191145

That’s when I do a lot of my shopping LOL
    I do tend not to send messages in the wee hours tho. It’s possible to wake someone up I imagine if they have alerts set and it does look scammy to the seller. If the listing is an hour or two old all bets are off.

buZZsaw BRAD and Skier76 like this.