In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Northern Max

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Luneyburg, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Set out this am to grab some Pellets so I checked a few websites as I had to go to Leominster first and decide I would head further south instead of heading up to NH . Well a website that has never failed me did not do so today as they had nothing of what was displayed on the website , Woods & Sons, Vermonts, or Easy Blaze . So I said Fluck it and head back up North and decided to grab some Northern Max X 2 so I got and loaded 2 tons into the cellar today . The bags pizzed me off as the seal was crap and had a lot of bad seals which I have never experienced with Northern Max ever , usually very very durable packaging . Anyhow grabbed 2 tons and they look good and are burning good , not sure on the ash as I heard they cannot keep up with the demand with just the sawdust from their milling operation so they are now using raw materials with chipping , hammering , and pelleting . Will see how they fair.

Attached Files:

Dpopps, jtakeman, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  2. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

First indications very good low ash and super high heat, although did not get cold last night but think we have some colder temps coming soon . But for the amount of pellets burned it was very low ash

Dpopps, Russell, jtakeman and 3 others like this.
  3. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Going down to 20*F tonight so will be a test as I am not running the P43 in the cellar yet , they seemed to have fixed their issues as I had a few bad batches last year fortunately only 10 bags at a time . They are burning very clean and super hot , tomorrow I'll clean the stove and see how they do . Very pleased and thinking about going back and getting some more they are so close as opposed to getting others which are a hike for me .

Dpopps, Russell, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  4. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Nice! Glad they are keeping you warm! I love a good pellet stack in the bed of a truck.