In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Noise cancelling air plugs...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chvymn99, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

So I usually just use my old iphone as a music player in my top pocket to listen to music at work.... Which hasn't been a issue till now... The noise level is usually pretty low around the presses... Now we have a new project, that is a big Ultrasonic welder then we had previously... It emits a very high squelch each time it welds... I down loaded a app the other day to see the noise level... Most of the factory is like 60-70 decimals... But near that machine when it hits it shoots up to like 100 ish and I even when Im away from it... it softens the noise, but its like fingernails going down a chalk board... drives me crazy..... So I've been using ear plugs this week. I can still hear my music at a much lower level... But I started to look at ear pods... Which is somewhat subjective here at work... As long as you can still hear outside noise we've permitted the employees to use them... But I know through watching them that they are constantly switching them out for charges. Most use the Apple ones or the chinese copies of them. But they aren't noise canceling one... So I dont want that style. I have the Jay Birds currently for home... But was looking at a different avenue. What do you all use? I need the battery life to be pretty long and for it not to be cumbersome... in my search I found a pair that looks rather inviting...my have to order a set to see how they are....

Ruckus Discord Bluetooth Noise Reduction Earplug Earbuds

2. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Those look like the ticket bud. :yes:
    I have a pair of Sony wireless earbuds, but I don’t wear them much because phone calls only take place in left ear, unlike my wired iPhone standard earbuds (which fit immensely better, too).
    I’m sure you’ll report back if you get the ones in your link. :salute:

3. leoht

leoht

I don't know much about the earpods but last year on my way back home from Michigan I purchased some noise cancelling headphones at LAX, one of the best purchases I have made. The battery lasted the whole 19 hour flight back to Melbourne. They cancell mechanical noise but still allow you to hear people speaking, I found it quite strange at first.

4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I use on of these.
    And over it I wear a ear muff noise blocker.

5. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I was looking at the air pod pros... which have the cone thing that goes in the ear, for noise cancelling. Which they would work good for my Iphone. But fit and battery life is a concern... If they work, I'd be more than willing to pay the price... but the gamble on that is my hold back....

Hows the battery life on your originals Eric VW ?

Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf, leoht and 2 others like this.
  6. jrider

jrider

I’ve had these Bose sound blockers for years. They used to have a wire but this spring my wife got this wireless attachment. Battery lasts all day and then just plug in when done. Absolutely love them!

Attached Files:

7. justdraftn

justdraftn

8. Chaz

Chaz

I purchased these for work, the noisiest thing in my work area is my coworkers
    o_O

I went with these as they have better noise reduction. From what I read, most noise cancelling devices are geared toward reducing aircraft noises.

I also have these for "quieter" times..

Both are Bluetooth.

I get between 6-7 hrs on either, so I turn them off and charge over lunch break. Lasts me all day that way.

Chazsbetterhalf, jrider and Chvymn99 like this.
  9. lukem

lukem

No idea on noise reduction but I like my raycons.

Chazsbetterhalf, Chvymn99 and Chaz like this.
  10. Chaz

Chaz

Chvymn99 this is what I read on most noise cancelling headsets.
    Wasn't looking at noise cancelling ear buds.

"Our Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) mainly focus on cancelling out lower frequency sounds like engines, aviation environment, trains, traffic noise etc, so our valuable customers can focus on their music, movies, or books without being disturbed by outside noises. ANC does not cancel out noises like snoring, talking, music or high frequency sounds etc."

Also.. the 3M headset has great BT range, I connect to my work laptop and can go nearly everywhere in the shop without losing connection.

Chazsbetterhalf, jrider and Chvymn99 like this.
  11. Chaz

Chaz

Looked at those.. Loving the description..

"Never have to fiddle with cords,you just put it on the charger,and it’s will automatic adsorptions,that make you.When you are ready to go,just pick it up,really easy for handle."

"Beautiful carrying case to keep your tiny earbud,1magnetic USB chargers and 3 eartips safe and sound.Along with a user great gift choice for your friends and loved ones."

o_O

We speaka gooder English
    :whistle:

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Understood. But I'm not necessary looking at the "noise cancelling" point really. Noise cancelling ear buds typically have the soft ear piece that goes against the walls of the ear drum... That in itself might be enough to lessen the noise transmitted to my feeble brain... Plus they need to be nibble to put in and pull out.... since I'm in and around machines all day long...

Chazsbetterhalf, Jack Straw and Chaz like this.
  13. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Well I ordered a set last night... For $60 dollars... Will see...

14. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

WHY DO YOU NEED NOISE CANCELLATION? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

15. Warner

Warner

I have the work tunes as well. I like them except when it’s hot out they get very sweaty.

16. Chaz

Chaz

True, I am in a climate controlled environment 85% of the time.

I only generally use the muffs when needed, or when I'm going on the shop floor, where hearing protection is required.

The ear buds get used most.

17. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Will someone find me a set of tinnitus blocking earphones please! I wish I could force my wife and several coworkers to wear a set of earphones playing my 24/7 permanent pitch. See if they finally get that it isn't that I just am not listening or why I don't like places where constant background noise prevent me understanding conversations and why a fan or low radio help me fall asleep by being white noise to blend off the ringing.

18. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I hear what you are saying. Fortunately mine isn't that bad - yet. You have all my sympathy on this one.

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

Greenstick, Chaz, Woodwidow and 3 others like this.
  20. billb3

billb3

Doesn't this mean noise-cancelling is verboten ?