In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New trail cams

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Backwoods Savage, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Just to let you know, I have a couple of the Browning Dark Ops cameras and one of them went bad. Way out of warranty but for kicks, I called their tech support. They sent me a form that I filled out and sent in with the camera.

In a few days I was notified that the camera was not worth repairing. However, they also made me an offer to buy a new camera for a much reduced price. For the price I decided I could not turn it down so I took it further and asked for that price could I buy 2 cameras. Got them in the mail already so I have 2 new cameras to use next year. I won't be putting any out again now until probably in June next summer. I'll put out a couple to keep an eye on the new crop then put more cameras out toward fall.

So just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who might also have Browning cameras.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  3. unbidden

unbidden

I just picked up a Spypoint Link Dark at a good price and though there are so so reviews on this camera, I,m finding it to be a good product. Leads me to believe the negative reviews could be due to 'not reading the directions'.

4. Unclefish

Unclefish

thanks for posting the video..insane buck fights.

5. In the Pines

In the Pines

I just bought my first one, a cheapish one (under a bill) but next time I go to purchase one I am going to keep this in mind.
    Customer support can be priceless!

6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Chazsbetterhalf and wildwest like this.