In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need some help from the pellet heads..

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Chaz, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Chaz

Chaz

Hey all, have a coworker that is having problem with a pellet stove.

He replace his words.. the draft blower.
    But it will only run on low.

Said he purchased a "direct replacement" motor with squirrel cage blower.

I asked him to get me some model info, but he says he can't find more than..
    Canadian Comfort Industries, the # 11318 (serial #???), and acutron IV control.

From a preliminary search, that's the primary control board.

I'm going to check voltage off the board to the blower, but it would be helpful to have some schematic info, and expected voltages.

Any help appreciated, and I'll update with all new info as far as model and such.

Thanks.

mat60 and Chvymn99 like this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz

Oh, his electrical troubleshooting skills extend to ensuring it's plugged in and turned on.
    :rofl: :lol:

Ohio, imacman, TurboDiesel and 2 others like this.
  3. badbob

badbob

SO it's probably a Pelpro. But ya, make model, year might be needed, and the part number of the blower motor he bought. Not what he ordered, but the package it came in.

CleanFire and Chaz like this.
  4. don2222

don2222

The old Pelpros with the Accutron IV all use the same parts so the funny model numbers do not mean much. Both the exhaust blower (i.e. draft blower) and the convection blower (i.e. heat blower) have squirrel cages. I always update the exhaust blower with the newer Pelpro Impeller blower that works better and last longer! All the other stoves use impeller blowers because the ash gets into the squirrel cage and it does not work as good. Anyway if your neighbor said the blower only works when the button on the control panel is set to low, that is the big convection blower that blows the heat out. The round snap disc on the exhaust blower turns the convection fan on so if it is original then I would suggest replacing that. Also the 140 Deg Fan limit switch that is next to the 250 Deg high limit switch could be a problem in getting the power to this fan. Then the only other part is the Accutron control panel could be a problem but you can check the voltages supplied to the blower at the different speeds so if that does not change then the control panel is at fault. Try that and let us know. :)