In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

mullion cove cornwall

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by clay shooter, Sep 8, 2019.

1. clay shooter

clay shooter

off again to cornwall for the second time this year.nice park and a nice little cove.and gun shops.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Chaz, Sourwood, Horkn and 9 others like this.
  2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy

I cycles through Cornwall some years back. Beautiful country! Had I known about the shop I would have stopped and busted a few clay birds!

Chaz, Horkn, metalcuttr and 3 others like this.
  3. unclefess

unclefess Guest

would you mind telling us a little about the kinds of guns you can have and the laws you have over there ,from what i hear they are quite bad,thanks

Chaz, Horkn, metalcuttr and 2 others like this.
  4. clay shooter

clay shooter

very tight laws on guns here,we have to renew our gun liceses evry 5 years.fill out 10 pages of forms,get notes from our doctors to see if fit to have guns.and not getting any better, we have more new laws the goverment are trying to bring out and there not good for use.we can have 3 shot ,shotguns on shotgun licence, and 5 shot and more on firearms licence.there is so much to say on our gun laws it would take 5 pages on here to tell you.

Chaz, Horkn, unclefess and 2 others like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That is sad, especially knowing how you love shooting. It is also sad what some would like done here in the states. So far we are fortunate. Let us hope it stays that way.

Chaz, Horkn, unclefess and 2 others like this.
  6. clay shooter

clay shooter

people all ways spoil it for us that like shooting, buy going out shooting people, same as in the usa. i have had guns for 53 years and hope to have for a lot longer.my licence is up for renewal in 3 years time.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Chaz, Horkn, Chazsbetterhalf and 2 others like this.
  7. unclefess

unclefess Guest

can you have any types of handguns and rifles or is it just shotguns ?
    it all started about 2mi. from my house .
    [​IMG]

8. unclefess

unclefess Guest

i am in the middle of those fools territory ,i must tunnel to nh soon

9. clay shooter

clay shooter

we can have rifles but we have to give a resaon for each one we apply for, ,22 rifle is not good enough for fox shooting but 243 is,and hand guns are banned over here,so thats a no no.

10. billb3

billb3

sorry if it seems like we're asking questions that one should easily be able to find answers for in the 'information age' but we can't believe what we read and hear in the news outlets any more because they just make stuff up. Even google is fudging search results.

unclefess and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Sadly I did not own my own gun until I was maybe 17 but remember having access to a bb gun when I was about 6 and a .22 when I was about 10. I'd hate to be without one and don't plan on losing my guns either.

12. clay shooter

clay shooter

over in the usa you have the right to own guns, we dont.if we get in trouble with the police we could lose our guns,if we have a bad illness, we could have them taken away,if we have to go on any kind of drugs to make us better,

13. unclefess

unclefess Guest

yes it is a right

Chaz and Backwoods Savage like this.
  14. Erik B

Erik B

I bought my first gun, a 22 rifle, when I was about11 or 12. Mom and Dad found out about it a week after I had it paid for and home. Late 50's-early 60's were great years.

15. clay shooter

clay shooter

the 50, and 60, were great years here as well . then it started going down hill here.

16. Backwoods Savage

If I remember correctly my first .22 rifle cost less than $15. A bit less than today's prices.

Chaz, Erik B, unclefess and 1 other person like this.
  17. Erik B

Erik B

I paid $22.00 for my 22 and $15.00 for my 16 gauge shotgun. Still have both of them.

18. unclefess

unclefess Guest

i think mine was 89.00 ,could have gotten the marlin model 60 for 69.00 but i dont like tube magazines ,first shotgun i bought myself was at service merchandise the day i turned 18 ,i want to say it was 179.00

Chaz, Backwoods Savage and Erik B like this.
  19. Sourwood

Sourwood

I enjoy the clays a bit. Friday there is a fundraiser tournament to support the Sheriff Youth Ranch. Team two from my office got second place last year.

Good time at a private luxury facility.

One of the bad things about restrictions in s many countries is the limitation for the collectable realm of some firearms. If a cache of WW2 arms is discovered, it seems that the US is the only market. Unless I am not correct. I am sure that a special license might be had in some countries, but I doubt that if some Garands would become available, a buyer could say " I'll take twenty, please"

Chaz, Backwoods Savage and unclefess like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

I had forgotten but after getting married, one day when I returned home from work my wife handed me a new rifle; at least new to me. It was a British .303 and it turned out to be a great rifle. I sort of chewed on her for buying it as our money was a bit tight then until I found that shipping included, she paid $12 for it.