In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Marlin 1894 trigger upgrade

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by bocefus78, Sep 29, 2015.

1. bocefus78

bocefus78

I put a new trigger in my 44mag rifle today and figured I'd do a small review.

It's from wild west guns (yes, the ppl on tv) and it's called a happy trigger. Iirc, it fits all centerfire marlin models, not just the 1894.

Install was pretty straight forward with some net searches since wwg thinks this should be installed by a smith. A smith is not needed if you can clean your rifle.

Anyway, this thing is sweeeeeeeet! I don't have a pull guage but I guarantee its under 4lbs!

The price is $99 and worth every penny! If you have a marlin, look into this upgrade! Currently midway has the stainless ones on clearance saving you $15 too.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Well Seasoned and Grizzly Adam like this.
  2. Will C

Will C

I have considered one for my 1894 .357 magnum. I'm glad to hear a good review. Of course, I haven't shot it in 2 years! I have to play with it when I sight rifles in for deer season.

Well Seasoned likes this.
  3. bassJAM

bassJAM

Is that a pre or post Remington Marlin and how do you like it? I've really been wanting an 1894 in .357, but the quality I've heard about on the new one's has me worried, and everything older that pops up used on Armslist people are asking $800+ for them!

4. Will C

Will C

Mine is a pre-Rem-probably 8-10 years old. It was hard to find even then-a friend who had a FFL found it for me. I think I paid $400 for it. I am happy with it-haven't done much with it besides plinking, but functioning is fine and I can shoot about 2" groups with a peep sight at 75 yards. Hope to shoot a deer with it one of these years.

bassJAM likes this.
  5. bocefus78

bocefus78

Pre rem (jm barrel stamp) here also. Mine is stainless and produced around 2005 iirc. I love the thing! I load up some 44spc loads in mag cases for plinking, and it shoots great! No need for full tilt mag loads killing paper imo.

I've heard the same horror stories as you. Allegedly, they are getting better as of late.

They aren't going to get any cheaper, so if you want one, gunbroker awaits.

With indiana and ohio now allowing them as legal deer guns, they are even harder to find locally.

bassJAM likes this.
  6. bassJAM

bassJAM

I'm sure that's driving the prices up too. I wish I had gotten one a couple years ago, but back then I was wanting a .44 mag. But since getting a couple .38/.357 wheel guns, I've switched my mind and think a lever action would pair nicely with them in .357.