In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Made a few Bundles...

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by ErikR, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ErikR

ErikR

My wife is a very creative person. She sells a lot of her hand made crafts at a store up by Lake Superior. They take craft items from all kinds of vendors. My wife had me slice up some small birch into 3/4" thick slices and bore a hole through them with a 1 1/2" hole saw. She finished them off and sold them a napkin rings. They sold out right a way.
    Now, she had me cut up some very small birch, maple, and iron wood limbs into 16" lengths. She tied them together with bailing twine from feed bags. We'll see how these sell. I don't even want to think of the per cord profit on this... All 5 combined are about the same size as a real bundle at $5. She's asking $7 each... crazy, but they'll probably sell.

These are decorative only, not yet dry enough to burn... LOL

20210917_120014.jpg

2. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

You're selling napkin rings?
    We use cloth napkins at the table here.

I wonder if those bundles will look nice in someones andirons.

Sca

MikeInMa and brenndatomu like this.
  3. ErikR

ErikR

This was a napkin ring prototype. It was much whiter until we experimented with clear varnish, or maybe it was butcher block oil. It's cut from a piece of birch about .75" thick, a little less that 2.5" in diameter, with a 1.5" hole.. I made her a dozen or so and I think she had them priced way too cheap at 6 @ $8..

Many years ago, I cut some various sized oak "cookies" for my sister to use under serving pieces at her son's graduation party.

20210921_224727.jpg

JackHammer, WinonaRail and MikeInMa like this.
  4. JackHammer

JackHammer

Lol. I am imagining some 38 inch cookies for the graduation party. ... I think I spend too much time in this place...
    :faint:

The other stuff is great. Your wife could double the price and sell on etsy.

MikeInMa and eatonpcat like this.