In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lumber price?

Discussion in 'The Sawyer Room' started by DaveGunter, Nov 18, 2019.

1. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

My neighbor has two house on his property, sold one and needs to move his stuff. He's got a pile of lumber he milled himself, asked if I want it. Mostly 1X pine, boards are 6-14" wide, relatively clear, planed, been stickered and under cover outside for 10 years. There is another pile not unwrapped yet. What's this worth? I would move it.

Attached Files:

stuckinthemuck and brenndatomu like this.
  2. walt

walt

.50 to .75 cents a board foot
    A board foot is 1"x12"x12"

3. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Walt about nailed it. I bought a ton of it for ther pole barn.

4. fuelrod

fuelrod

Dave .50 bd/ft around me. But that's not plained. Unless you have a use for it (right now) or get a very good deal, like .25 - .30c I'd pass. Between moving it home, re stacking and covering it, just for a future un planned project ..... You see where I'm going with this.
    I just finished project using somea t&g 2x6 that finally used up what was left of a few full hacks of lumber that I've been "nursing" for 10 years. Over those years I estimate that there was at least a 30% loss despite my best efforts to keep it dry. I'm very happy to see that pile gone.

5. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

That is exactly what I decided...he's keeping it, just moving it to his other place, I'll go see if he still has it when/if I need it.

Well Seasoned likes this.