In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lowe’s had Vinyl fence on sale - Anyone install vinyl fencing?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by don2222, Jul 1, 2018.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    All the neighbors fenced in their yard so To do this yard we just had to do the two sides. :)
    Some vinyl fence posts have the holes for the panels to go in. I got the panels that hang on clips that screw on to the posts. This makes it easier if the land slopes. The 5 inch posts are strong enough so no re-inforcement is needed except for the post that holds the gate. The gate post that holds the hinges comes with an aluminum I beam for re-inforcement. In our case we dug the hole for the gate post deeper and added a bucket of 3/4” stone as a footing. The we added a bag of Quikrete cement to secure the posts. We opted for the 5 foot wide gate as opposed to the 4 foot wide gate to make it easier for any equipment like a tractor. The install went well.
    Any suggestions? How does it look?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Monster80, fishingpol, Thor and 6 others like this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz

Looks good from my house. :binoculars:

3. don2222

don2222

Hello
    The last day of the sale was Wed June 13. So I purchased it that day but delivery was not until Sat June 23 and today we finished all but one small piece we have to cut. Not bad.
    This is the Freedom brand fencing Brighton style normally $51.00 per panel on sale for $45.90 per panel. Also got 5% additional savings on all items using the Lowe’s credit card.
    Shop Freedom (Actual: 5.66-ft x 5.45-ft) Pre-Assembled Brighton White Vinyl Panel at Lowes.com

The people at Lowe’s were very courteous and helpful. We had to put in the work of figuring out what we needed and make sure we purchased all of the needed items.
    The gate kit and the gravity latch were special order items so we had to purchase them seperately so we could get the earliest delivery date to get the job started. Those special delivery items did come in before we got the job done so I just picked them up myself. The delivery did not go as well. The bottom fence panel on the pallet was damaged by the fork lift and they sent the wrong posts with the drill holes when our slip and the delivery man’s slip clearly had the posts that we ordered with no holes. The driver said he does not work for Lowe’s anymore because they outsourced the delivery! The vinyl cement was also squashed and not usable. We ordered and extra panel so that was not a project delay issue. The driver initialed the problems on the slip and we took the delivery. I took the posts back to Lowe’s right away and they exchanged them for the proper ones. They refunded the squashed tube of cement since the gate kit came with a good tube. They also said they would send a truck out with a new panel and take back the damaged one which they did the next tues. No problem since I had enough anyway. I know if I had it done by a fence company I would not have to go threw all this but I feel I saved a lot by doing this and got the job done sooner this way. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Pallet Pete, savemoney and Jack Straw like this.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

That looks great! I like your soil, looks like easy digging. I’m having a pole barn built and they had to get a small escavator to dig the holes due it the big rocks.

Eric VW, savemoney and don2222 like this.
  5. savemoney

savemoney

Looks good, why the solid fence?

Eric VW and Jack Straw like this.
  6. don2222

don2222

We have a pool in the back so it is good for privacy. Also the price was right!
    I will also return the extra post and extra panel and get some money back.
    All the pickets in the panel are seperate and can be easily replaced if one gets damaged!

Attached Files:

Eric VW, Jack Straw and savemoney like this.
  7. savemoney

savemoney

I have seen several around here. What I know is don't let any snow removal get near them. In the cold, they shatter if they are disturbed. Otherwise, they last and look good for years.

Eric VW, Jack Straw and don2222 like this.
  8. Locust Post

Locust Post

We have had our vinyl from Lowe's up around the pool for 17 years, really like it. We have the shadowbox fence.
    Good job on yours

don2222, Eric VW and Jack Straw like this.
  9. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Ugh, I used to HATE plowing driveways that had vinyl fencing!

Eric VW and Jack Straw like this.
  10. don2222

don2222

Freedom Fencing is made by a company called GateHouse
    Here is the Lowe’s Video on their Freedom Fencing Model Brighton that use the panels and clips for mounting the panels to the blank posts. I used the 5x5 inch posts that do not require the 4x4 PT wood inserts like the 4x4 Posts do.

We did the 5 foot wide freedom gate kit. It gives plenty of room for equipment and the aluminum insert for the 5x5 inch diameter hinge post makes it super strong! We also put a 5 gallon bucket of stones in the hinge post hole bottom to prevent settling and sagging of the door! Also the latch post on the other side of the gate we did use the 4x4 inch diameter vinyl post with the 4x4 PT lumber inside to bolt it into the side of the house into the 2x6 stud. The gate is strong and opens easily!
    See gate install video from Lowe’s

Here is a nice home owner’s video on Lowe’s rackable Freedom Fencing with routed posts made by a company called GateHouse. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Locust Post likes this.