In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Love of tobacco

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by easyburning, Jan 30, 2021.

1. easyburning

easyburning

Anyone else smoke a pipe?

Im sure there must be a few of us hiding in here.

My Peterson churchwarden, 1 of 5 pipes currently in rotation. Filled with Solani Aged Burley Flake!

Attached Files:

2. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I do not smoke a pipe myself, but my father did growing up. I liked the smell of it in the house after he had been smoking in his home office.

Camber and mat60 like this.
  3. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Oh I loved the smell of my dad's pipe when he smoked the apple or cherry tobacco. I feigned being sick one day from school and loaded his pipe and dang nab it got sick!! Never smoked or puffed on another pipe in my life!! High school weekly consumption of tobacco was, carton of Marlboro's, roll of SKOAL (we didn't call it a log and it had 10 cans) and a pouch of Beech Nut. Every Saturday purchased this amount. Think it was less than $10.00 total. SKOAL was 45 cents so $4.50 a roll, Beech Nut was 35 cents and think the carton of cigs were less than $5.00. Do not partake of any tobacco or alcohol anymore. But still enjoy the aroma.

Camber, Sandhillbilly, MFMc. and 3 others like this.
  4. easyburning

easyburning

Notice my second wife in the background, well fed and happy. 20210131_182400.jpg

Barcroftb, Boogeyman, Camber and 4 others like this.
  5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Decades ago, while it was still legal and more so "acceptable" to smoke in bars, I would have a bowl of Lane 1-Q. Never got anything but compliments from everyone and enjoyed the taste. It is a mild blended cavendish and smoked quite a bit of it back in the day.

6. easyburning

easyburning

I have 1-Q in my stash, great tobacco.

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

How does that navy flake compare to 1-Q? Is the flake mild and aromatic?

Barcroftb, Camber and mat60 like this.
  8. J. Dirt

J. Dirt

It’s been a while, but My wife bought me a hand carved pipe for our first anniversary. I’ve always enjoyed Captain Black Royal in it or we have a few shops around that have their own blends that are similar or fun to test out. I’m also a fan of Prince Albert in a corn pipe.
    Not really much of an expert haha I think most of it comes from my Dad using captain black while fishing and my great gramp ryo Prince Albert ciggarettes.

9. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    My wife had a life or death health problem and I quit smoking with her because I wanted to support her. I miss the aroma though. I found a cologne though that gives some really nice scent and have even had people ask "what tobacco that is it smells so good." It is a made in USA brand and very affordable, it is Cremo brand and the scent is Spice and Black Vanilla. It has a nice warm spices and rich vanilla along with tobacco for its scent profile, and lasts all day. I love it. Do any of you have any good pipe tobacco colognes you have found?

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Good man! :yes:

Barcroftb, Camber, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  11. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

My dad smoked for several years when I was young. My mom told me he (and she) liked apple flavored tobaccos. He always had a pouch, never saw the original packaging.

For years, I made and smoked my own pipes from mountain laurel. Some hand size, some 18" long.

I have since liked corncob pipes, because they are light, and breathe well. This pipe came with this house, as I scoured every space for such items. It was never smoked before me.

DW likes the apple tobaccos, and I favor Captain Black, Gold.

I eventually ended up on backwoods cigars, as that is pretty close to pipe tobacco, and I can smoke them whilst hanging off the back of a railcar on a long shove, and have both hands free.

The local tobacco shoppes don't seem to have CBG in pouches, only tubs. IMG_20220508_191125.jpg IMG_20220508_191150.jpg IMG_20220508_191206.jpg

12. Camber

Camber

I put down my pipe years ago when my blood pressure started creeping up. I'm sure my pipe rack is somewhere in the shop. I usually just picked house blends of the non fruity variety.

Eric Wanderweg and eatonpcat like this.
  13. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

I guess I just don't have time to sit and smoke.
    Perhaps someday!

Eric Wanderweg and eatonpcat like this.