In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Looking into an Regency insert

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by hovlandhomestead, Oct 9, 2020.

1. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I am looking into buying a Regency 2450 fireplace insert for our home and would like to hear some reviews and tips from anyone here with experience running one.

Edit: Also will look into the 3100 for the larger firebox. Any input on this stove would be welcome as well.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    BCB likes this.
  2. moresnow

moresnow

Are you avoiding the 2700 cat equipped model? Curious.

hovlandhomestead likes this.
  3. BCB

BCB

I ran the I3100 for 7 years at my old house. I never had any problems with it other than having to replace the baffle bricks. The only bad thing I can say about it is the fan noise but you're probably going to get that with anything that needs a fan. The large firebox was awesome.

I do like my Woodstock Fireview better though. I dont think I'd ever go back to an insert after running this soapstone free stander for the past 4 years.

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Regency makes solid stuff...my sister has a mid sized Regency insert stove for over ten years now with no problems... you do have to clean the blower wheels out once in a while to keep if from rattling, but that will be the case with any stove with a blower.

5. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I don't know much about cat stoves, and hadn't considered that model.

6. moresnow

moresnow

I am not familiar with it either. Advertising propaganda looks like lengthy burn times.
    There is a new 2700 owner on another site talking about that unit yesterday/today. Sounded pleased.

7. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

I can't comment on the 2450 however I've been running a Regency H2100M for the last 10 years with no issues. It's my primary source of heat and during the burning season it's going 24/7. It's not an insert, although it sits in front of the fireplace opening. I went with this model instead of an insert as I wanted the ability to cook on it when the power goes out in the middle of the winter.

hovlandhomestead and brenndatomu like this.
  8. JoeS500

JoeS500

I have the 2450 insert and love it Heats my 2,000 sq ft ranch home here in Central NJ. If I load it with nice seasoned oak or locust at night and damper it down I still have nice red hot coals in the morning to restart the fire with. I'd say 8-9 hour burn time. My wife and I have no complaints as she feeds it throughout the day since she is now working from home. Hope this helps.

hovlandhomestead and brenndatomu like this.
  9. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

My wife and I are looking forward to the new heat source in our home during the dead of this coming, and many future winters. I expect that it will be running a lot more than our old fireplace with flimsy glass doors.

Sailrmike and brenndatomu like this.
  10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I expect you're right!