In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Looking for Derco Grizzly owners

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by BillHurley3, Feb 11, 2015.

1. BillHurley3

BillHurley3

Has anyone had experience changing the catalytic combustor? Lots of sources for replacement combustors but not much out there on how to do the maintenance. Have a manual and even looked up patent schematics on line, but not much help...my photo shows the bracket for the standard 7" combustor. The grated cavity is just under 7", and the next diameter, rim-to-rim, is 7.5".

Attached Files:

2. fox9988

fox9988

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your stove. How did you get the old combustor out?

3. BillHurley3

BillHurley3

Well, by the time I got to it, it was pretty much crumbled away. All that was still intact was the old 7" rim.

4. fox9988

fox9988

I would just order a new cat and figure it out when you get it. If it fits loose, it can be wrapped with gasket material or gasket material can be unraveled and poked in around the cat.
    Hopefully someone with firsthand knowledge will come along before long and post.

Welcome to FHC Bill.