In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Local Tsc Selection. Whats In Those Tsc Red Bags!! Upc Info

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by jtakeman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Edit: Here is a list of bar codes and what we found as the parent mill doing the filling and bagging! We are also looking for more UPC codes, So if you have one that's not on the list please share for the group!!

The TSC yard has been filling up getting ready the season(and pick ups from the pre season sale). My wife was going by today, So I had her stop in and see what they have on site. Looks like my choices are.

North American- An easy "NO"
    TSC brand(looks like MWP only)- My 1st choice so far
    Nations Choice- ???? Looks like thay are Curran blend?? AKA North Americans. Won't chance getting a whole ton. Just a few bags to try or review!!
    Green Supreme's-Unless these are from the NH plant, I won't even bother!!

Looks like we'll be getting the TSC(MWP).We'll start hauling them home next week.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    bogieb likes this.
  2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Of the brands you mentioned, MWP is the only one I would buy. Just picked up a ton today as a matter of fact. Looking forward to trying them for the first time. All of the Lowes and HD in this area seem to get mostly Green Supremes. In most cases it's all they have. This year, every pallet I have seen with the shipping info still attached indicates they are all from Schuyler. Seems odd since the Jaffrey facility is more than 3 times closer.

3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I think the Jaffrey plant had some production issues. The NY(Schuyler and Depot) are at full tilt. I don't usually see the NH GS's near me. I'm closer to the NY.

4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

the Jaffrey plant is simply smaller, with less production, so, they are forced to ship from where they can......plus, harder to truck out of Jaffrey, since there isn't anything else there.......

Orson_Yancey and jtakeman like this.
  5. imacman

imacman

I heard the Deposit plant pellets last year were terrible (1st full year teething problems??), but didn't get any to try out.

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

My wife took a ride over to HD today while my son and I were out on the boat. She found SC and GS's both for $239/ton. We'll pick up at least 25 of the SC to add to the pile. Pic's when we get em!

Pellet hauler is about to get busy~~ :D

Lousyweather and imacman like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We'll I forgot to snap a pic of them in the pickup, But I did snap one of them added to my stash! 25 bags of SC sitting on the AWF and Cubex leftovers.

2014 SC.JPG

Hopefully if it doesn't rain tomorrow. The wife will pick up a ton of the TSC pellets and they will be waiting for me once I get outta work!! I'll try to get a pic of them in the hauler this time!!!! :D

BAN83 and SKEETER McCLUSKEY like this.
  8. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Its funny reading some of the pellet threads.
    The wood guys talk about hard and softwoods and moisture level and
    how much we have. You guys talk about different brands and the price per ton.
    So similar yet so different.

will711 likes this.
  9. subsailor

subsailor

Went to HD today to order 3 tons of pellets. I was hoping they had MWP so I could get a price match to WalMart's $207 price but all they had was FSU at $239/ton. The vet's discount lowers the price to $215 which makes it a little more palatable, but when they told more they no longer deliver 3 tons or more free and now charge $35, I told them to keep them. I'll call Steve at SIB in the morning and order 3 tons of MWP at $219 with a $10 delivery fee. I guess the box stores don't want our business any more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  10. subsailor

subsailor

We also talk a lot about beer.:drunk:

BAN83, Russell, Gasifier and 6 others like this.
  11. subsailor

subsailor

Uh, Dexter is going to faint when he sees that pile.

12. mepellet

mepellet

Does Steve offer some sort of military discount? Last I checked he was at $229/ton.

Edit...
    Looks like he is now up to $234/ton....

13. nate

nate Banned

If Homes Depot can deliver 1-2 tons free, why not 3. What cost is added? I'd rather deliver 6 cords of firewood to one customer than 1 cord to 6!

I wouldn't worry about hauling 3 tons on a "ton" truck though. Heck I load 2 cords on mine. That's somewhere around 4-5 tons. :D

14. imacman

imacman

I think what Subby was saying was that HD used to deliver 3 or more tons for free in his area, but less than that there was a fee. Now, they charge for all.

15. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

probs right....I don't know how anyone can deliver for free these days unless one builds that into their retail price in the first place. Trucks, fuel, insurance, taxes, payroll, all cost money, and given the scant margins, I just don't see it. We charge for delivery, so, if a guy really wants to save the money, they can pick it up....alleviating pressure on our delivery file! :thumbs:

16. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Well MWP at my local dealer are 270, plus delivery. So the box stores still look pretty good to me.

17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

The first load has landed!

MWP at TSC.jpg

They be MWP in TSC bags.

0914131115-02.jpg

BAN83, ttdberg, imacman and 1 other person like this.
  18. imacman

imacman

You ran the UPC code on them?

jtakeman likes this.
  19. nate

nate Banned

Ok, I've got to ask. Who was the "smart one" that thought wood pellets were food?

On the Homes Depot delivery, do they have a mileage limit?

I deliver wood within 10 miles for free, over that is $2/mile. I've got a few 150+ mile deliveries.

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yep, Sure did. I was hoping for Hamers or Liggies. But the MWP will do. My other choices weren't as good in my stove. North American, Nations Choice and Green Supreme's were the other they had in stock. We asked if they were getting anything else in, The manager said their next order/delivery wasn't until probably mid November.

MWP barcode.JPG

imacman and ttdberg like this.