In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lennox Whitfield Optima 3 Ash Pan Rope Gasket Channel Guide springs out @ each end?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Mar 22, 2020.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I was replacing the Lennox Whitfield Ash Pan Rope Gasket and when I pulled out the old gasket, the bottom metal channel guide went Boing! The metal guide popped out at both ends on the inside of the ash pan along the top?? Has anyone seen this?
    This guide is supported by 2 brackets but the ends are not tied down. This seems odd to me?
    The Optima 2 is very similar and may also have this problem.
    So I welded both ends in, then replaced the gasket. Also I cleaned and painted it.
    Anyone else do this?

See pics below
    The Red Arrow shows the support bracket
    The Yellow Arrow shows the New Weld to keep the bracket from popping out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. don2222

don2222

Completed the ash pan work by spraying on a top coat of Stove Bright Satin black, glueing on one of the magnets for the trim panel and installing the 1/2” diameter rope gasket. It is interesting that there are 3 separate ash pans and the rope gasket goes between them. The reason for that is to separate the incoming fresh air under the burn pot for burning the pellets from the smoky air in the fire box.
    Does any other stove do it this way? See last pic of center section where the ash pan goes. The center section helps warn the fresh air before burning! Definitely some money$$ invested there to design and build it that way!!
    This is why the glass gets very dirty and Smokey if the ash pan is not latched or sealed up properly. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020