In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Legs on Fisher Insert

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Anthony Azzara, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Anthony Azzara

Anthony Azzara

Hello All, I have a Fisher insert that I have been using as a free standing stove. When we bought the house, the stove was mounted on cinderblocks. Now that we are getting ready to finish the basement, i’d like the stove to look a bit nicer. I am going to sand the rust and repaint it, and was wondering if it is ok to weld legs on to it? It’s not UL rated so I am not worried about losing the UL rating, I just want to know if it is feasible. I appreciate the help in advance!

2. Warner

Warner

Why not, the entire stove is welded together. Can’t really speak to any code issues tho.

Anthony Azzara likes this.
  3. Anthony Azzara

Anthony Azzara

Warner That's what I figured, but I wanted to ask. Do you have any recommendations on where I can find legs, or what I can use?
    WeldrDave - Sorry to bug you, but you have some pretty vast knowledge of these stoves, and you have helped me before. What would you suggest I use for legs on my insert?

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

5. Warner

Warner

If it were me I’d put the stove on blocks at the height that I wanted and weld heavy angle to the corners and put a piece of flat stock at the bottom of the angle for feet but that’s not really needed. My stove in the basement has a nut welded into the angle and a bolt is threaded in to take any wobbles out.