In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lamb!

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by LodgedTree, Dec 30, 2017.

1. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Put a little lamb on the grill tonight!

Brown sugar glazed lamb chops peppered with turmeric, ginger and tarragon spice
    Fresh brussel sprouts cooked with lemon, butter sea salt and black pepper
    Pan toasted Sour dough bread
    Cherry cheese cake

YUM!

Sean, swags, Woodwidow and 4 others like this.
  2. XXL

XXL

Sounds great! :drool:

Sean likes this.
  3. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

The funny thing was, growing up we were considered "poor" until sometime in the mid 1980's we "made it", and then bought a lot of food at the store. Now that we produce a lot of our own food (but not all of it by any stretch of the imagination), we eat well.

Katie and I figured that at a restaurant this would be at least a $75 meal (3 people, me and her and one of our daughter's).

mike bayerl and XXL like this.
  4. XXL

XXL

I eat out a lot while travelling for work but I love to cook when I am at home. I am always doing the math as to what my meals would cost if I had bought it in a restaurant ;)

I can feed my family of 4 a healthy home cooked meal for less than the cost of one meal in a restaurant :yes:

Doug MacIVER likes this.
  5. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Looking forward to home-grown lamb next Fall.

NW Walker and XXL like this.
  6. Blstr88

Blstr88

LOVE lamb. A friend of ours raise lamb each year for meat and we buy at least one from them. Nothing like having an entire lamb in the freezer.

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats a hot fresh shepherds pie with ground lamb ....:)

NW Walker and mike bayerl like this.
  7. lukem

lukem

We feed our family of 9 for "free" at least a couple nights a week. Deer, home-raised chickens (we sell enough to cover costs), garden taters and veggies.

When the wife and I have "date night" I'll usually get a couple nice steaks, a bottle of wine, and whatever else for $20 - $30. Would easily cost 3 times that at a restaurant and not taste nearly as good. Physically feel a lot better after eating it too.

mike bayerl likes this.
  8. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

My wife and I have done that same thing as well. We even got dressed up and everything.

At my house the way visitation goes with the ex-spouses; her two daughters goes to their dad's every other weekend, and my daughter is on a three week rotation. In doing the math on that, it means every 6 weeks we had all the daughters here, and the next weekend had no daughters here...

But the key word there is HAD...

These no-kid weekends were bound to end, and they did when Katie's belly swelled a bit, but I am not sure how...:smoke::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

(Cedar Planked Salmon and not Lamb in this photo)
    Supper for Two.JPG

mike bayerl and Sean like this.