In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available Labrador pup

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by Horkn, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Throwing this out there. Looking for a lab puppy this spring/ summer. Do any of you know of any upcoming litters? Willing to drive a distance for the right pup.

Thanks in advance!

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

3. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

If you were closer to Ct. I could point you in the right direction.
    We have two black guys now and they are great dogs ; if you can handle all their energy.
    Our oldest will be 3 ( named CA$H ) in June and the second is just over 1 1/2 ( named ZONK ) . They can be a little draining at times but wouldn't have it any other way. Fight like brothers one minute and then the next they are curled up sleeping on top of each other.
    Both have the same father and different Moms , so step-brothers I guess you could say.
    We had to put our 13 year old down ( who was named TAZ ) after a great life and I swore never again ; three days later it started all over again off to pick out a puppy even before we could bring him home
    and wouldn't have it any other way. Then someone needed a playmate so now two.

Best of luck and hope you can be as lucky in your search as were to have such great dogs !!

Miss you Taz will never forget you buddy!!

Good luck in your search

4. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, having a couple of dogs at the same time really can be quite funny. We don't have any kids, so our dogs are our kids. We base most of our activities, even vacations around our dogs. CT may be a little far, but not something that's totally out of consideration. Our 10 yr old Badger ( American lab) is a ball of energy. Just at 10, he doesn't have the stamina that he used to.

These 2 were hilarious together. From our road trip out to New England in September. 20190923_134755.jpg download_20190923_182300.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Loon, yooperdave, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  5. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

Great looking dogs.
    Hey Ct is new England.
    Ever close dogs always welcome here !!

Tons of fun. Two is the best thing we ever did.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, William, the white English Lab passed a month ago on the 4th from liver failure. So we have Badger, the fox red American lab and he misses his buddy. We miss the extra paws and even the extra fur around the house from William.

savemoney, yooperdave, Chaz and 7 others like this.
  7. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

Sorry , I do remember reading that and it really touched me. Especially being so young.
    They are so special and the bond you develop can not be described to anyone that has not experienced that for themselves.
    Actually kind of hard to think about this type of thing as I sit here now.

Unfortunately this is one of the things that we don't consider when we sign up for a having such good buddies.

Best of luck in your search and hope you can be blessed with another friend.
    Can never replace what you had but sure William would be wagging his tail for you.

RIP Guys = you are surely missed.

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Dang, you guys are killing me!

9. Horkn

Horkn

Sorry. I've found the only way for me to find solace is to get another pup.

Loon, yooperdave, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  10. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

Oh I can relate to how you feel it was the same for us ,
    only lasted three days and we were picking out a pup. House just didn't seem normal without the confusion = it was way too quiet around here.

We did get a couple weeks before we could pick him up and able to do a little vacationing and travel during that time.
    Longest two weeks ever and couldn't wait for vacation to end. Worse than a little kid waiting for Santa on xmas day.

Keep us posted and best of luck in your search.

11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Sorry, I just meant that all the sick and dying dog stories was making me sad.

Good luck with your new pup search!! I took mine to work with me this morning

20200404_071952.jpg

12. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Good dog's time span with us seems so short yet a terrible dog's time seems so long! Good luck on the pup hunt. Life without dogs is so lonely.

13. Horkn

Horkn

I knew that was exactly why you said that.:handshake:

It's just an odd time right now, with the virus and all. If that wasn't the case, we might already have a new addition to the house....

14. Chaz

Chaz

Good luck on the pup search Horkn
    :yes:

Guess it's a good thing I still have that tissue that I got after reading about Dave's Corgi.
    :(

As some might recall, I lost my mom in early 2011, after that we had to put down Linux, then my dad in the fall.
    Edit.. We did not put down my dad, just to be clear.
    :eek::loco: :crazy:

I couldn't take any more hurt.

I'm not sure if it was 3 or 4 years till Holly came along. But it was the right time for us.
    :thumbs:

I'm a firm believer that the right pup/pet comes along at the right time.
    :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  15. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

She is definitely his baby girl. With the new change in his work she doesn't get her "daddy time" she wants so she pouts and won't have anything to do with me. If he is off and he has to run errands then she will lay here and whine. She is something else.

16. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

He looks too serious.

I can take one of ours at a time with me , put the two of them together in the truck ; forget it. I'd have better luck taking an uber

Chaz, yooperdave, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  17. Biddleman

Biddleman

Horkn we have an American lab as well. He'll be 10 on the 24th. Still full of energy. He's a smart cookie. Trained him for waterfowl hunting.I have had so many people ask me what kind of dog he is. When I say lab, they give me a look of confusion. I guess most people are familiar with English labs and the blocky heads

Chaz, yooperdave, TurboDiesel and 4 others like this.
  18. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

Moin Horkn a friend of mine works with those guys together, dunno if thats an option for you.
    Sorry to hear about wee william i had to dug a whole for my mutt a year ago - it was a dark and lonely day.
    Good luck finding the right one for you guys.

19. Horkn

Horkn

Oh boy! We put a deposit down on a pup today. 1 month of ( too) quiet in the house now. Then it all goes crazy! Have first pick of a litter of 7 males in the UP! They'll be 8 weeks at may 16

20. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Congratulations. Now you have to wait. The hard part.