In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

IT'S ALIVE!!!! The Lopi Yankee saga

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by GHinNH, Oct 14, 2020.

1. GHinNH

GHinNH

So after yesterdays deliveries, I'm sitting in the garage smelling pellet smoke and various paints and sealers off gassing, while getting familiar with the thing.

The new blower is doing its job nicely, and before I fired it up I took a look at the control board, and there is a small plastic button just below the fan convection speed control. Once it is removed there is a trim pot.

This pot is for the pellet feed auger OFF time. Fully counter clockwise, the auger cycles 3sec on/3sec off. Fully clockwise, it cycles 3sec on/4sec off.

It took a good deal of time for the stove to settle in, but between the damper and the trim pot I ran it slow for about an hour, now its off to cool and I will heat cycle it again later today.

Of all the things, it takes 4in chimney, so I had to order that last week, so it's hurry up and wait for that now. 20201014_094821.jpg 20201014_094929.jpg 20201014_102223.jpg

2. imacman

imacman

In general, keep the heat & fan knobs set about the same, and the air damper set just open enough so the pellets" dance" slightly in the burn pot. As the stove starts to get dirty, slowly open the damper to keep the pellets moving. After cleaning, go back to the initial setting.

jtakeman likes this.
  3. GHinNH

GHinNH

Since the post has been up a couple days I can no longer edit so...

More fun facts I have learned, the room blower knob also controls the ex blower, and the heat selector also controls the pellet feed off time. I just ran it for a couple hours again and finally have a grip on things. So after I get it in the house hooked up, it will be a matter of finding out where the blower knob should be in relation to the desired heat setting to make it run consistently.

Fortunately I had to only buy a few feet of 4in chimney to run from the stove to the existing 4in chimney outside. Unfortunately, pretty much everything hard goods has doubled in price since we are not allowed to make anything anymore.