In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

In need of some advice

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Smokinpiney, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

My future father in law is driving my bride to be NUTS!! Our whole plan on doing a backyard wedding was to keep things simple and also affordable. Her dad offered to pay for the catering and went a little crazy but hey, he's payin so he gets what he wants i guess. We've told him numerous times that him paying for the catering is more than enough and we'll take care of the rest.

I got a quote from a local liquor store for beer,wine, and hard alchohol and it more than enough booze for everyone. I guess he thought i was skimping on the booze and went and bought it himself. Ok, i was a bit annoyed but let it slide.

Now he's arguing with her over the porta jons. We thought about renting the trailer style bathrooms but realized the extra draw on the outlet at the location plus the extra water line needed would just be too much. So we settled for the nicer style roomy porta jons (with handwash stations). I've been to plenty of outdoor weddings with porta jons, big and small, and noone had any issues.

Up till now i've stayed out of it but she was in tears tonight after work over freakin porta jons! Do i intervene with her dad or let them work it out? He needs to realize this is OUR wedding and in the end it's about US. Not the booze, not the bathrooms, not the food, Just us. Any advice is appreciated. Rant over......

2. Gary_602z

Gary_602z

As I was the Father of a Bride in August, I say let it go. Remember it is his baby girl getting married and maybe this is one way he can show his love for her and approval of you!

Gary

BrianK and Scotty Overkill like this.
  3. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Thanks Gary, just needed to vent a little. Everybody told me the week before the wedding people usually go nuts. They were right! lol

Scotty Overkill likes this.
  4. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

humor him, smoky.......like Gary said, this is his baby girl we're talking about, he wants to make the even perfect...

Wait til you get her pregnant.........;)

swags, BrianK and NortheastAl like this.
  5. USMC80

USMC80

I agree let it go. I had a "backyard" wedding on my friends farm and it is awesome. Now everyone we know wishes they did it that way. Cheaper (sometimes), and no restrictions! Plus you can return whatever booze you don't use if you buy it from the right place

6. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

At the end of the night one of you will be spending some quality time with the bride. If you play your cards right it could be you. Best to he your tongue and let her vent to you and we will let you vent to us.

7. rottiman

rottiman

Take it from someone who has 40 years experience..................Suck it up!!!!!!!! you got a whole more of that coming. LOL

Scotty Overkill likes this.
  8. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Thanks fellas. I know he means well and i know there's alot more of these situations to come im sure. She just had a rough day and came home venting to me about the whole situation. So i figgerd yall would love to hear about it as well! :D

Oh and at the end of the night, i just hope i don't end up in the creek!

Chvymn99 and Scotty Overkill like this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

She sounds kinky! Congrats.

the GOAT likes this.
  10. will711

will711

Why would you return the boozeo_O It doesn't spoil and makes a great gift.:cool:

thistle and Scotty Overkill like this.
  11. will711

will711

My advice to you and your honey;)

thistle and mattjm1017 like this.
  12. USMC80

USMC80

Kept a bunch but was waaaay too much for myself