In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I entered the twilight zone today

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by ironpony, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ironpony

ironpony

My wife and I went to look at a house to purchase for rehab. We met our realtor there and started looking around, proceeded upstairs to one of the bedrooms. As we were standing there talking the realtors earring fell to the floor, no big deal. Then within a minute my wifes necklace falls off, she pick it up thinking the chain broke and it was not. Insert Twilight Zone music here). We all looked at each other with disbelief.

I did not think much about it because my "sixth sense" did not kick in. I am VERY tuned into paranormal things, have been since about 5 years old. I have walked into houses I could not stay in. OK now you guys think I am weird, oh well most others do too.

2. bogieb

bogieb

I don't have a 6th sense so never get the chills or anything. However, in the early 80's lived in an apartment that had a haunt though. One window would fly open on a regular basis. I mean fly as in it would raise up so fast you would hear it slam when it hit the top. Now, one could argue worn mechanisms, but the guy that slept in that room pounded in 16 penny nails to keep it from opening at all. One evening we were in the living room (right next to that bedroom) and we heard the window slam open. Ran in there and found the nails laying pretty as you please on top of the trim. That was very spooky!

Same apartment had a hallway light with a pull chain. You would hear the click and the light would turn on (or off). No one around. I'm sure that could be explained somehow, but only happened a couple of times in the year we were there.

The haunt never did any damage - just played those two tricks. So, can't really say anyone is weird for feeling or experiencing unexplained phenomena. Now those that are UFO believers - those guys are weird :D

3. Chaz

Chaz

I very nearly wore my beer when I read that. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
    . :cheers:

I am not sold that alien species visit Earth, but I'm fairly certain the universe is full of life.

Now, ghosties n such, nah.
    Not a believer, even though I know some people who swear it's true.

Meh.. send em here, but don't want the ones that bust up all my stuff. :hair:

Aliens, ghosties, or Sasquatches are welcomed here, as long as their willing to be less rowdy than me. :D

4. papadave

papadave

5. Midwinter

Midwinter

I think I was influenced by the dead on one occasion. I went to an estate sale in Lowell, MA, about 15 miles south of my house. In the basement, I found a box with some studio portraits and an old photo album. Photo albums are a fairly unusual find at an estate sale, since people tend to hang onto them. I bought it for a few dollars, took it home, and while leafing through it I discovered that the family lived in my town. In addition to pictures of great grandparents from the old country, there was a baseball card of a kid in little leauge from the '80's. After a couple of days, on a whim, I looked up the family name in the phone book. There was a listing for the same name as the kid on the little league card. I called, and the grown man was quite suspicious that I was a scammer of the "family Bible" variety when I told him I had his family photo album. He said he would pass my number on to his mother, however, and she called a short while later. I invited her to my house, and we looked through the album, which she had never seen, but she recognized her family members immediately. I pointed out a picture of a beautiful little girl, and she said, "That's me!". There were also pictures of her sister, who died young. Of course I returned the album to her, and refused any reward. She then told me that her son, who was due to be married in a week, had asked her for family pictures to use in a video montage at his wedding. His bride's family was Chinese, and family history was important to them. She had to tell him that she had no pictures, they had been lost during moves and downsizing by her mother, aunts, and uncles. Now, this family album surfaces in the nick of time! Call it coincidence, but I think that the people in that album wanted their pictures to be found, to represent the family, and their ghosts took measures to get the album back back to my guest. She had no idea why the album was in Lowell, and had no connection to the street address.
    It still gives me chills to tell that story.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  6. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

So, do you DARE buy the house?

7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I believe in the hereafter. I'm continually wondering, what in Sam Hill am I hear after?

8. papadave

papadave

According to my wife, I'll be able to hear after I get some hearing aids.:picard:

9. ironpony

ironpony

Done deal.

10. papadave

papadave

11. billb3

billb3

They don't fix selective hearing, or so I've been told.
    Repeatedly.
    Huh ?

12. ironpony

ironpony

when I was about 6, we went to Connecticut to see the tall ships. While on the one ship I apparently started telling people about this ship, what was on each deck, where things were located, etc. Everyone figured this little boy has a vivid imagination until the tour guide said he is exactly right, how does he know this ?
    One of many times this has happened in my life.
    My wife did not believe in this, then one evening we had gone to bed, shortly there after she wakes me up and says there is something/someone standing in the bedroom doorway, I look over and say Oh thats my Mom and went back to sleep, she believes now.
    I could literally go on for hours with these stories.
    One of my "hobbies" when I was little was to build coffins and make tombstones. The tombstones were real granite scraps from the monument yard which was about 1 mile from my parents house, they used to let me go in the back and pick scraps off of the pile. There was a complete graveyard in my parents backyard.
    When my Dad sold the house, I went out behind the shed and there were some of the stones still back there, I saved a couple.
    In one of my houses we had a rec room set up like an old pub, when I would go down around 5am to feed the cats there would be old sailors sitting at the tables drinking and playing cards........

13. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

My wife tells me I never listen to her either.....or something like that

14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

One time spirits made me fall off a porch in Southern Ohio....Or was that a push from Eric VW ???

15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Still lookin for a scapegoat, eh? :rofl: :lol:

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

About a month ago, I had a dream that while on my early morning walk (sunrise) I was struck by a vehicle. In that dream, the vehicle entered the ditch with me underneath it and no one knew until it was removed from the ditch!

Since that dream while I was out walking, two vehicles have drifted towards me in the location of the accident. First one corrected itself as it crossed the white line; the second not only crossed the white line but almost hit the shoulder.

A third vehicle has crashed in the same area...on a day I chose not to walk.

Thats my twilight zone.

17. Midwinter

Midwinter

18. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Embrace your uniqueness...my mother always told me, but if she was watching me and Mrs DG in our bed I'd prolly tell her to get lost even if she were just a ghost:wacky:

Who are you? A pic to place a face to the name!

19. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Years ago I had a very vivid dream about going scuba diving off of a boat, the boat in the dream was very unusual, like none I'd ever seen and scuba diving is not an activity I would choose to do, I just passed the dream off. Not long after, the opportunity to go to the Galapogos with my brother popped up and naturally I took it. He arranged the whole trip including a scuba diving excursion unbeknownst to me. When the scuba diving day came up I told him I didn't want to go, he pressured me cuz when is that opportunity ever come up again so I reluctantly went, when we got to the dock the boat was exactly like in the dream.:faint:

20. ironpony

ironpony

in 2001 the last year my Dad raced flat track, at 74 years young, I was on my way out to Iowa to meet him at the track and I got the "feeling". I knew he was going to crash but you keep telling yourself nah its just a feeling. I told my wife about it and we discussed it on the way there. What do you do ?? he races and something happens, why did you not stop him. he races and nothing happens you are crazy. you do not let him race you never know if you were right.
    Well he got tangled up, hit the wall coming out of turn 3, fractured 14 bones spent a week in intensive care....................retired from racing and took up sky diving.