In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Husqvarna Technical Chaps (full wrap)

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by Eatlocalbeef, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Eatlocalbeef

Eatlocalbeef

Just joined the FHC :) I recently went through Hurricane Ida in SE Louisiana, so I got tons of oak firewood available. Including two 40"-50" diameter red oaks on my cattle fence.
    Finally bit the bullet and bought my first pro saw in the Husky 572XP. Love that saw. I also have a little ECHO CS-490 that I use for limbing.
    I am ashamed to say that I have never purchased a set of chainsaw chaps, but I am about to change that. What recommendations do y'all have for $100 or less? I have been looking at the Husqvarna Technical full wrap chaps. Anyone have bad experience with those?

gwoods71, CleanFire, Chvymn99 and 8 others like this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I own a pair and would recommend them in a heartbeat. They are the first pair of full wrap-around that I’ve owned. Limbs don’t get in between chap and leg. :yes:

3. Chaz

Chaz

Welcome aboard Eatlocalbeef
    :cheers:

Love the screen name also.
    :grizz::chef::stirpot: :drool:

I've never used a pair of full wrap chaps, but the ones I do have, have saved me from a couple potential injuries.

Good to see you are taking safety into consideration.
    :yes:

4. M2theB

M2theB

I’ve got the Huskies, not sure they’re Tech Wrap, and Stihl Pro
    I like the Stihl much better. They’re lighter and looser in the legs.
    They are a little more expensive.
    Good call covering up with what ever you choose!
    Welcome aboard

5. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

6. Eatlocalbeef

Eatlocalbeef

MikeInMa Thanks for the recommendation! I have been looking at those too because of them being USA made:usa:. Do you have any trouble with these getting hung up when wading around in a knarly oak tree top?

7. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

I have Husky 1/2 wrap & Stihl 3/4. I like both for their intended purposes. I've hit 2 or 3 pair with saws over the years & not a scratch. That being said, I like the 3/4 wrap better in the brush. I pull them tight around my boots, only issue I've had was the straps were too long on the bottom & I'd step on them, not cool when you're butt deep in a tree top. I cut the straps shorter & melted the nylon with a small torch to avoid fraying. All that being said, any chaps can catch brush & it sucks. Labonville is excellent quality product for sure! For your purposes look at chainsaw pants too. They're hot, but don't snag & kevlar will save ya a ton of time & E.R. bills.

8. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

I haven't, yet. When new, they were a bit stiff and have had branches get between jeans and chaps, not a big deal for me. They are very supple now.

9. Murphy681

Murphy681

Absolutely love the full wrap. More protection and less likely to get limbs caught up in them. Definitely get something with the three straps on the calf. I have the older versions, but those look really cool. I'd rather pay for a pair of chaps than and emergency room visit. I had never used chaps until watching a demonstration at the Husqvarna headquarters in Charlotte. Haven't ran a saw without them since. I even give chaps as gifts since then. Good luck. Stay safe.

10. WoodyardObession21

WoodyardObession21

I live in the Charlotte area too, Been looking at a pair as well.

11. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

walt has been modeling for years his chaps-sewn-atop-overalls setup by some local to him craftsman. Very practical!
    :thumbs:

12. Theashhole

Theashhole

I like mine but lately I've been wanting a pant style, used to have the one size fits all apron version but kept tripping on them, especially in brush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Theashhole

Theashhole

Walt who? I gotta see these things!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Walt is a legend 'round these parts.:yes:
    Screenshot_20220109-010807_Video Editor.jpg

15. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

So is TurboDiesel -
    upload_2022-1-9_6-26-8.jpeg

16. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

I have used full wrap for years I got mine from jonsered many years ago they have held up well you might consider the husqvarna protective power kit it has helmet,chaps and gloves in one package
    it lists for 119.00 #590091101 homeowner kit,pro kit is 199.00 list #588100503 they are a good deal in the package and you could probably get it a little less from the dealer . Labonville is a excellent company and makes a great product also . I did use the pants when I did tree removal and land clearing because working around a chipper the chaps can get hung up to easy and the pants protected against those small stinging branch slaps at my shop I try to sell all safety stuff at my cost to make people use it Good shopping JB