In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ Husqvarna Chainsaw Pants

Discussion in 'Firewood Accessories' started by Shawn Curry, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Shawn Curry

Shawn Curry

I never liked wearing my chaps - I found them uncomfortable for the way I move and the buckles would get snagged on stuff in my woods making for an ever-present tripping hazard.

So bought a pair of these about 6 months ago, and I really like them. I'm size 33 in the waist and leg, and the Medium (32"-34") size fits great. I paid $130 for mine, but they're currently on sale at TreeStuff for $85: TreeStuff - Husqvarna Chainsaw Pants

I deducted 1 star due to the button and zipper. The button is very large, and it's difficult to squeeze it thru the opening they give you. They give you a few extra, which is good because the first one popped off in less than a week. The zipper in the crotch was really chintzy and that broke within a couple months too. Luckily my sister is great at sewing, so she was able to fix them up for me, with a heavier duty zipper, and by enlarging the button opening and attaching it better.

On the plus side, they're like pants, and you need a decent pair of work pants; plus you can toss them in the laundry when you're done. There's an extra pocket in the leg, which is nice cause I always have a bunch of gear to carry around. The chainsaw protection wraps the leg completely up to the knee, and also covers the top of my boots. I can't say how good the protection is, because thankfully I've never had to deploy it.