In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

how to choose charcoal grill ?

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by lemon, Jun 13, 2017.

1. lemon

lemon

Flatlander Pete likes this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

That's your basic webber kettle style grill. Good design. It all depends on what you are looking for. I like a big rectangle grill with a fuel door, lots of adjustable air vents, and adjustable height coal bed. And of course, I go wood only-- no charcoal allowed.

3. BHags

BHags

The weber 22 inch kettle grill is all you will ever need for grilling and smoking. That doesn't mean there aren't bigger and better grills and smokers, but it is all you need.

4. ironpony

ironpony

Char Grill Kamoda style, can grill, sear really hot, and smoke 12 hrs easily at low temp. Made real well, fully insulated, I have had one about 7 years with no issues, bought my second one recently, had to leave the first one when I sold the house it was built into the outdoor kitchen
    $250 at Lowes

gbreda likes this.
  5. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I've owned the Weber 22" for years and I'd recommend it. It's my go to grill for most of my charcoal needs. When I want long smoke times, for brisket, ribs or whole chickens, I use a bullet style water smoker like this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It has 3 sections so if you need to add charcoal, you can lift off the top 2 and add during cooking or drop it in through the door.

Chvymn99 and SKEETER McCLUSKEY like this.