In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

For Sale Homelite Old Blue XLS

Discussion in 'FHC Classifieds' started by UncleJoe, May 26, 2018.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

A neighbor lady lost her husband suddenly last summer and she has just started working on cleaning out the pole barn. Knowing that I do trees for a living she asked if I would be interested in a chainsaw she had. I figured the first place to start was seeing if it would run. She said it hadn't been started for "many years." Don't know how many "many" is. Fortunately it was stored dry. I put gas in it, pulled it 8-10 times and it roared to life. It idles and runs great. The chain is even fairly sharp.

She seems to remember him buying it in the late 60's early 70's but isn't 100% sure. I didn't dig into it to find out if it has points or EI but it has a manual oiler. It's all metal except for the air cleaner cover and the hand guard. And it's just a guard, not a chain break. The model number on the plate is UT 10045F. SN is HS0290384

I have 19 saws and really don't have a need for another one. SO my first thought was; I'll bet someone at FHC would be interested in this old saw. She doesn't know what to ask for it so I know I can count on the integrity of the folks here to help her get a fair price for it. My first thought was somewhere in the $250 area but I really have no idea. The only other one I found was a newer XL model with an EI and automatic oil pump. If there is any interest I can bring it to the Chambersburg GTG next Saturday for people to inspect.

Thanks for having a look.

OK. I just noticed I have the title wrong and I don't see a way to fix it. It should read SXL

P1000423.JPG P1000424.JPG

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Great looking saw!!

HoneyFuzz, bear 1998 and UncleJoe like this.
  3. jon1212

jon1212

Very nice looking saw. Though I think the "Old Blue SXL" was a little later, as in late 80's to early 90's. Still a classic saw, and part of the last gasp for Homelite.

HoneyFuzz, bear 1998 and Timbersport like this.
  4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

I'll take your word on it. I have no idea. It's not my saw. I'm just going by what the lady told me. :)

bear 1998 likes this.
  5. WV....Brad

WV....Brad

I am interested in the saw if its still available... thank you for your time...