In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Home Depot Ct, Southern New England inventory?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Iron Stove, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

Should be a bit of chill finally coming to the northeast this week ! Anybody see any decent pellets arriving at HD in southern new England?

2. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

Wallingford Ct home depot has at least 50 Tons of pellets, all wrapped in green, " Green" printed on the tags. I think Green Supreme ?

T.Jeff Veal and mat60 like this.
  3. Tullytown

Tullytown

Green Supreme's are the new Home depot go to pellets....
    replacing the old Stove chows.....
    still pretty much the same stuff... middle rd hardwoods with ample ash...to keep the product at their pricepoint, they have to sell the lower grade hardwoods.
    Owned by Lignetics corp..

DobieMom and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  4. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

Heard about the deal ending for the Chows last year or so. Hope that HD gets some other brands besides the greens. The good old days of fireside ultras, American wood fibers, etc.

T.Jeff Veal and PelletHound like this.
  5. Russell

Russell

Nope just GreenSupreme . At the moment a quick grab leaves my choices Easyzblase and MWPs .waiting on some Martas to show up next week.

T.Jeff Veal and PelletHound like this.
  6. Tullytown

Tullytown

get 2 tons of Matra every year.. great Canadian softwood.
    also get 2 tons EasyBlaze softies...both excellent low ash high softies.!!

PelletHound, T.Jeff Veal and Russell like this.
  7. Russell

Russell

Starting to build my Easyblaze stash then will move on to the Martas . Now that I’m retired I look forward to the hunt of good pellets and building 15 bags at a time .

Attached Files:

8. Tullytown

Tullytown

unless you spring for Douglas Firs.$$$$$$$$$$$, those are the best softwoods you will find..

9. DobieMom

DobieMom

Sad to see no more Stove Chow :( Here the Mom & Pop and big box are all carrying crappy Lignetics. I used them the last 2 years - so bad I bought a ton of O'Malley's this year...smh My brother picked up 4 tons of Easy Blaze for $279/ton...nope!

Tullytown and Russell like this.
  10. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

I might supplement with some Eazy Blaze this year, or Vermonts, for the low ash. I mainly run hardwoods. Bout 6-7 years ago I ran softwoods on a low setting for over a month, and ended up with a buildup in the far end of my vent pipe that was obviously creosote. It didn't happen when on a higher setting.

Russell likes this.
  11. Tullytown

Tullytown

I burn softwoods exclusive but never at a low feed rate. Low temp at times but too low feedrate is not good for the stove pipes. Never have had creosoot except once yrs ago from burning crappy pellets . I was a newbe then.

Russell likes this.
  12. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

Learned my lesson too. Smaller house, lower level family room where stove is, if I ran the stove at 50% on a 25 degree day my house would be HOT.

Russell likes this.
  13. bogieb

bogieb

I have that issue with the P61a. It takes no time at all to get the basement up to temp since I insulated the cinder block walls and covered the concrete floor. Since then softies make a mess in the stove's ash pan area and the exhaust. I can still use softies in the P43 though, so that's where I burn any of my CL finds of better pellets.

14. Skier76

Skier76

I was at the Wallyworld HD this evening and they still have a healthy Supply of the Green Supreme pellets. That side lot is pretty full! Looks like the only brand there this year.

Iron Stove, have you ventured over to the South Southington HD recently? They always seem to have a good variety over there. I haven’t been there yet.

Side note, I have three and a quarter tons of Green Supremes stacked in the garage and ready to go. I find them fairly similar to Chows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russell and PelletHound like this.
  15. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

I called them twice to see if they carried any other brands, with intent on going there, and after waiting a few minutes was hung up on. Guess staff shortage when asking questions ?:headbang:

16. Skier76

Skier76

It took me two calls and almost 30 minutes to order pellets via phone for my latest delivery. I kept getting bounced around and put on hold.

bogieb likes this.
  17. Mr Brick

Mr Brick

How are the prices compared to last year? I'm seeing prices in Rochester NH around 270 a ton for GS, which seems kinda steep to me, but IDK. This is only my second year burning, and I've kept my purchases to 200 or less a ton so far.

bogieb likes this.
  18. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

HD green supreme 269 ton. Haven't seen anything cheaper. All the quality pellet warehouses are starting at $320. Miss the good old days of $125 a ton.

19. Tullytown

Tullytown

GS are the Home depots go to pellets now replacing stove chows. No plus or minus.. high ash and medium btu. 259.00 here in Pa area

Cash Larue and bogieb like this.
  20. Skier76

Skier76

seems to be the going rate. I’ll see if my wife and I venture to Keene before the snow flies and I’ll scope things out at that HD. I’ll check the local Lowes in CT this week if I can too.

Up in VT, my neighbor has a few ton of softies I think. I want to say AWFs. I’ll check with him on price and where he got them. I can’t recall if he get his pellets from the local Ace/True Value or Agway.

Cash Larue, bogieb and Mr Brick like this.