In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ High Country Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by funflyer, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funflyer

funflyer

High Country Conifer Blend:

Temp Above Door (max)
    Level 2 - 411
    Level 4 - 454
    Level 6 - 551

Convection Air Temp (avg)
    Level 2 - 213
    Level 4 - 283
    Level 6 - 329

Ash Volume - 2 ounces

Ash Weight - .7 ounces

Ash Percentage - .11% (Outstanding)

Fines In Bag - 1/4 cup

Pellet Length (avg) – 1/4" - 1/2"

Bag Weight – 39.6lbs

Burn time – 17+ hours

Notes:
    $229.00/Ton
    Temps are in Fahrenheit
    Low Fuel Feed (LFF) - 3 to 4
    Low Burn Air (LBA) - 6
    Room Temp - 72
    Outside Air Temp - 12 to 32

Wow! What can be said about these pellets other than I now have a benchmark to judge all others by. These pellets are very short compared to any others I've used and are also very densely compressed.

I started with a clean stove set on heat level 4, LFF 4, looking for a minimum convection room air temp of >200 and an above door surface temp of >400 for the test. Those temps were far surpassed within the first two hours and the stove was eventually lowered to heat level 2 and LFF 3 to maintain the minimum desired temps. Glass stayed very clean with only a slight bit of light grey ash in the corners after 17 hours. The above temps and ash content speak for themselves, these pellets are fantastic.

The only thing negative I can say about these is the packaging. The heat sealer must have been set too high and many bags have small melted perforations along the top seal which makes it easy for the bags to tear open if handled wrong. The only store in my neck of the woods that carries them said they won't order any more for that reason as too many customers were tearing open the bags between the store and their cars.

These are a solid 5 and recommended.

DSC008340.jpg
    DSC008350.jpg
    DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00806.JPG DSC00822.JPG

DSC00828.JPG
    DSC00830.JPG DSC00833.JPG

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Bucks Pellets, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.