In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★☆☆ Heat'rs Wood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Heat’rs Wood Pellets results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average - 250-360 (on door thermometer)

Ash Volume - 14 ounces

Ash Weight – 2.05 ounces

Ash Percentage - .32%

Fines In Bag – less than 1/4 of a cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4" – 3/4”

Bag Weight – 40.0 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Notes:
    $239 a ton from Home Depot
    Donated by Will
    Sticky pellets

I don’t have much information on these pellets other than they could have come out of Arizona. I’ve contacted Forest Energy on two separate occasions requesting info about the pellets but never received a response either time. Why have information contact email addresses if you aren’t going to answer emails? Anyway, these pellets burn pretty hot and leave a light grey, fluffy ash. Volume wise, it’s probably what I expected with these after reading other comments. Low fines in the bag considering the distance they may have traveled. They have a sweet smell to them but not like the other softwoods I’ve tested. These also tended to stick to the sides of the hopper and not wanting to slide down easily.

All in all this these are a decent pellet but be careful if you tend to have issues of pellets not sliding down your hopper. These are probably more in the 3.5 star category but that’s not one of the options here.

Recommend!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0198.jpg IMAG0199.jpg IMAG0208.jpg IMAG0209.jpg IMAG0211.jpg

ttdberg, will711 and jtakeman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.