In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Heater distribution

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by farmer rob, Jan 22, 2018.

1. farmer rob

farmer rob

Hello group question about how the heat is spread throughout the house. Who has it hooked up to there forced air furnace and how does that workout,also approx cost for that piece for furnace and also for water heater.

amateur cutter and wildwest like this.
  2. Gasifier

Gasifier

Sorry for the very late response. There isn’t a lot of activity here so we fail to watch it sometimes.

Mine is all baseboard heat and in-floor radiant in the garage concrete floor.

Are you thinking of adding on to your system?

amateur cutter likes this.
  3. supersparks

supersparks

I have a coil in my furnace below the A coil for the ac unit, then installed a 3 way valve with a 24 volt actuator on it then I put a Johnson A419 controller with sensor set at 155°, when temps are above 155° sends water is sent to the coil when below it would close the valve then send the call to the furnace for natural gas using relays. Keeping the wife warm and happy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. supersparks

supersparks

What did you do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Casper and amateur cutter like this.
  5. Casper

Casper

Wondering the same.

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

With the unusual lack of responses, he probably froze to death!

I also have an OWB hooked up to the water heater (first stop) and then the forced air furnace. I bought ll the equipment and installed it myself back in the late 2000's. It is around 16 X 20 and maybe 4 thick. I'm not sure but think it was around $100 and rated at 80KBTU.

The heat exchanger for the water heater is a side arm assembly made of copper and probably around 42 inches long. It gives me all the hot water I want and we have never run out so the recovery time on it is outstanding.

Now then.....just what is it that you ended up doing? (sorry it took a year to answer!)