Heat Master G200

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by farmer rob, Mar 19, 2020.

1. farmer rob

farmer rob

Hello group just wanted to give you all heads up I finally pulled the trigger and bought G200 will be delivered on the weekend so next winter I hope to only fill my unit 2 times per day fingers crossed ..

2. JCMC

JCMC

Nice! Please keep us posted as to install and beyond. Will be looking forward to future posts.

3. lukem

lukem

:popcorn:

JCMC likes this.
  4. farmer rob

farmer rob

For sure it will be a learning curve for sure and I know pictures help a bunch.

Rush Battle likes this.
  5. JCMC

JCMC

:yes:You Bet they do!

6. lukem

lukem

G200 is pretty easy to operate. If you do these things you'll be fine:

1. Keep a good coal bed. I like mine to come up to where the panels clip into the side walls (that will make more sense when you see it).
    2. When you load it, move all the coals away from the nozzle...then place one medium sized piece right over the nozzle...then rake the coals back around the fresh piece of wood you just put in. Place the rest of the wood nice and tight in a pyramid right over the nozzle...this will help with bridging.
    3. Burn at least some "softer" wood (cherry, maple, etc) in your mix during low demand periods....this will help the thing stay lit.

I visit my boiler twice a day. I load it in the evening and then next morning I shake the turbulator handles and "knock down" whatever wood is left from the night before and re-arrange it back over the nozzle. I could probably skip the morning routine if I wanted, but I don't mind it.