In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Heat Master G200

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by farmer rob, Mar 19, 2020.

1. farmer rob

farmer rob

Hello group just wanted to give you all heads up I finally pulled the trigger and bought G200 will be delivered on the weekend so next winter I hope to only fill my unit 2 times per day fingers crossed ..

2. JCMC

JCMC

Nice! Please keep us posted as to install and beyond. Will be looking forward to future posts.

3. lukem

lukem

:popcorn:

JCMC likes this.
  4. farmer rob

farmer rob

For sure it will be a learning curve for sure and I know pictures help a bunch.

Rush Battle likes this.
  5. JCMC

JCMC

:yes:You Bet they do!

6. lukem

lukem

G200 is pretty easy to operate. If you do these things you'll be fine:

1. Keep a good coal bed. I like mine to come up to where the panels clip into the side walls (that will make more sense when you see it).
    2. When you load it, move all the coals away from the nozzle...then place one medium sized piece right over the nozzle...then rake the coals back around the fresh piece of wood you just put in. Place the rest of the wood nice and tight in a pyramid right over the nozzle...this will help with bridging.
    3. Burn at least some "softer" wood (cherry, maple, etc) in your mix during low demand periods....this will help the thing stay lit.

I visit my boiler twice a day. I load it in the evening and then next morning I shake the turbulator handles and "knock down" whatever wood is left from the night before and re-arrange it back over the nozzle. I could probably skip the morning routine if I wanted, but I don't mind it.

brenndatomu likes this.
  7. synermead

synermead

Do you have your site all prepared? Are you replacing an old boiler or is this all new? Post some pictures when it gets there. I put mine in my shop since it is indoor rated. Makes a big difference keeping the shop warm even without pumping into the slab heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. farmer rob

farmer rob

[/QUOTE]
    I am building a new house and am making the garage big enough to hold the unit so like you I will be indoors for filling.I also have all my wood in big racks so will be able to just bring a rack in when needed from shed and move it with pallet jack .I want to put in a second water line when building but just a few feet long capped on both ends so when/if I run the line to my shop I will not be dealing with foundation or floor in garage.My run to furnace then will be just under the concrete floor in garage with total distance from boiler to furnace of approx 50 feet.

9. Creekin

Creekin

You will never regret having it indoors!
    First year i didn't and it sucked bigtime, the only thing I regret is not building my shed large enough to get a whole seasons supply in it, i get about 8 cord in it now

10. farmer rob

farmer rob

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks I have my entire 4 years worth of wood in home made crates and just move them with tractor or forklift.If I end up not building this year with all this crap going on I will still hook up the unit but get one of those fabric garages for around $200 so again put rack in and no wind to deal with.

11. Creekin

Creekin

Nice! I hear ya, i had some plans to finish some nagging projects this spring/summer but finances are taking a beating
    Either way, post up some pics!

12. farmer rob

farmer rob

For sure the unit is already in my drive shed .I kinda bought it before the price increase but you know how things go my luck will be a price drop a few days after I bought mine..lol

13. synermead

synermead

You have a great plan. I use ICB cages to bring wood in. I can stack 6 inside on pallet racks that I have in my shop. ( I acquired an old fork lift) I can’t put all the wood in cages as I burn 12-15 cords a year. I just wait till some are empty then go fill them from the stacked pile outside so it is totally dry when I go to burn it. I’m building a lean-to over the side of the shop to cover the wood from the weather with open sides. Will be interesting to see what prices for new units will be in the future? So many unknowns right now. Not that I’m looking for a replacement yet. Will this Covid decide if you build this year or are there other factors?

14. synermead

synermead

Thanks I have my entire 4 years worth of wood in home made crates and just move them with tractor or forklift.If I end up not building this year with all this crap going on I will still hook up the unit but get one of those fabric garages for around $200 so again put rack in and no wind to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear your ahead with wood. These like to burn dry wood. I’m in western Canada so mostly soft wood here. Burns fast but drys fast as well so only have to be a year ahead. Kind of explains why I use 12-15 cords.

15. synermead

synermead

[​IMG]