In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman P61 combustion blower is bad. can the double paddle blade be saved?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Oct 2, 2021.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello

Not always but it may be worth a try.

The easiest way to remove the blade is with a sawzall after removing the 3 nuts on the back of the blower.

In this case the blower was 6 years old but saw heavy use so the blade does have each petal riveted like the new ones and is in very good shape.

Here are the steps

1. Cut old blade out of stove.

2. Either Wire Wheel clean or in my case, media blast with whit aluminum oxide.

3. Spray with PB Blaster

4. Remove set screw with Allen wrench

5. Put on vise and tap out shaft.

6. Wipe dry and spray with dry moly

Works like new. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

bogieb and Screwloose like this.
  2. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

I make it a habit to remove when I do annual cleaning, and put a bit of never seize on the shaft and set screw. Pays dividends with easy removal.

don2222 and brenndatomu like this.
  3. don2222

don2222

Oh, yes if you do that once a year and clean behind the blade, that helps a lot!
    When I take the blade off and clean behind it I also spray behind it so the ash does not stick as much and it keeps it from rusting too!

Attached Files:

4. corncob

corncob

Never have an issue removing either of mine. I just take my oxy-acetylene torch and heat up the fixing setscrews and back them off and remove the fanwheel when I lubricate the motor bearings. I don't ever replace the gasket either. I ran a bead of Red RTV high temp silicone around the edge of the mounting flange, let it vulcanize and reassembled the fan. Did that about 5 years ago and it's still perfect. Dang gaskets are 7 bucks each and a tube of red silicone is about 5 bucks at the local NAPA store. I'm cheap and it works really well. Same deal with the room air fan and the bead of silicone really quiets down the fan noise too.

jtakeman likes this.