In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman Advance 2 door seal issue

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by cliffmac, Sep 27, 2021.

1. cliffmac

cliffmac

Hi Guys,
    Well its getting that time of year again, here's my issue decided to replace door seal. Got tadpole gasket, and the glass gaskets, took pictures of it before hand to refresh my memory.
    Well got everything back together and fired it up, went well EXCEPT now i have a smoke smell in the house. I waited till dark got a flashlight and started it until it filled with smoke and unplugged it and watched.
    It seems that it is leaking at both the center glass posts at the top, took the door off and went out and tried to adjust the gasket, back in started over still got whiffs of smoke both sides. i even put a little gasket sealer at both spots (even tho original seal had no sealer). I am at a stand still, cant seem to remedy it.
    Appreciate any comments, i know its hard without seeing it. My wife said i should have left it alone.
    Cliff

ivanhoe likes this.
  2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I agree with the wife, lol! Maybe the gasket is stretched some? Verify your exhaust is clear of webs & critters.

imacman likes this.
  3. cliffmac

cliffmac

Thx yes exhaust is all clear all the way thru

imacman likes this.
  4. unbidden

unbidden

I would fire it up and let it run an hour or so. My thinking is the heat may seat the gasket. Crack a few windows to deal with the smoke and smell.

imacman likes this.
  5. cliffmac

cliffmac

Will try it thx

imacman likes this.