In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Greatest advancement in trail cameras for some time

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by mywaynow, May 2, 2018.

1. mywaynow

mywaynow

This is a 80/20 review/classified post just for clarification.

I have been checking into the Cuddeback Cuddelink tech for a few months now and have been intrigued by the claims. Reviews were all supportive as well. The system transmits images from camera to camera at distances of up to a mile between cameras! You can daisy chain up to 15 cameras. The benefits I see are being able to check images from the entire fleet of cams without entering the woods, and having the protection that images taken are stored at locations other than just the camera. I have decided to make these part of my business offering and am now a dealer.

I put out a 4 pack of the cameras yesterday and can attest to the strength of the signal. One camera in a thick hedgerow and just on the backside of a 15 ft hill. 2nd camera was 275 yards over that hill and 80 yards into the woods with signal strength of 45 (signal scale 0-100 with 20 being the recommended minimum), 3rd camera 225 yards through thick cedar forest with signal of 54, 4th camera 350 yards through typical hardwoods/cedar mix and signal was 63. I covered 4 corners of a 75 acre property with solid signal coverage. Cams are 20 mp. They are offering cell versions in June, and late this month a "home plus" unit that is a reduced cost receiver only, which I think is a great part to add. Right now I have a camera serving as the "home" unit, the part that all cameras send pics to. I would prefer, and will add the home unit when it is shipped, to have this be the home rather than a camera. The home unit can be put in a place where no one would look for a camera. That for me is important as security of the images is vital. When the cell version is available it will take images from all the cams and batch send them to your email/phone. They have battery packs and solar cells for extended power life.

I made a substantial investment to get the line and will be moving out original stock at prices you won't find anywhere. If interested pm me.

XXL, brenndatomu, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  2. Allen Warner

Allen Warner

So, do the camera signals suffer attenuation?

3. mywaynow

mywaynow

There is a signal strength display to assist in that. Surely at greater distances the signal will be reduced. They are better than anything else I have tried by far.